HybridZ

Anyone have this????

stony

The right side of the block just behind the oil filter, and drilled and tap hole with a cap or anything installed? I had never seen one like this and have been told by several people its not drilled .... but mine is.

Its the oil squirter passage I'm going to use it as a oil pressure sender mount point.

here is a pic.

Dsc03459-400.jpg

I had a HKS oil filter relocator and cooler installed. The stock cooler, pressure and temp sensors were removed to install the cooler. I'm not going to use teh cooler initially to see how it runs at the track. If it looks like i will need the cooler I will reinstall it.

Looks to high on the block to be the alternate dipstick location.

stony was refering to another thread where the dipstick knock-outs on the pan rail are on some blocks, and not on others.

similar to what he's seen on these RB engines. he's not saying it's the dipstick hole itself, silly! :-D

Anyone have a extra set of ignition coils for a rb26????

Mine seem to be on the fritz.

Engine made awesome power ....557 rwhp @ 1.2 bar or 18 PSI!!!!! rapped it out to 9K with no problems. But as we tried to dial it in more it started to develop a hi rpm miss. I think its the coils. It got so bad the motor wouldn't go past 7K under boost. kinda like a rev limiter.

So anyways... anyone have a set of coils they would be willing to loan out for troubleshooting... stock is fine

Here's is a video. you can kind of hear and see the miss.

Unfortunately didnt get video of the 9k run ... it sounded awesome.

th_dynorun.jpg

cuz they're blue.... DUHHHHH

:wink:

The LS coils seem to be the cheapest way to excellent spark. As well as the buick waste spark system.

Im looking into a couple things.

Yhe splitfires are only marginally better then stock so not sure why people pay 500 bux for them

Stony, i've read that a lot of people have bench tested the splitfire coils in one way or another and saw them to be lack-luster upgrades.

Is it possible that the HKS Fcon can run LS1/Suburban coils?

I am going to say this once yes the Fcon can, the problem is how many actual certified folks are available to tune the Fcon here in the states.

you can always retrofit a coil, this will help eliminate the having to keep replacing the rb coils.

I seen people retrofit a buick 3 coil pack for a wasted spark system, it uses the stock ignition module.

But again you can go individual coil per cylinder... it's a simple fix, better spark and it allows the top be a bit cooler, and more breathing space.