HybridZ

Auto insurance for an S30

EMWHYR0HEN

I'm looking for some kind of auto insurance for classic cars or cars that are rarely driven. I know there are some people here that barely drive their cars I was wondering if some have gone this route instead of insuring throgh the same insurance as your daily drivers. I heard that it's actually alot cheaper since the cars arn't driven as frequently.

Any recomendations? and if you guys don't mind, mention what state your in and how much you pay for your annual preimium.

I have classic car insurance from State Farm with an agreed value of $15K. I got the agreed value by going and getting an appraisal, then taking it to the insurance company. There is some wiggle room for them, but I should have enough documentation to get what I want in the event anything bad happens.

I think my policy runs $60 every 6 months. I'm 33 and haven't had a ticket in over 10 years.

I had American Collectors Car insurance. Now I have Hagerty's. I paid 125 on the first and now 150 for the second but get some monthy magazine.

Both have a 3000 mile limit per year.

I'll have to call state farm again. I did not know they had this service.

I don't think you can appraise it yourself and really have it mean anything. Theoretically if you have an agreed value the idea is that you pay the insurance company the premiums for a $15K car, so they really shouldn't care what it is. Unfortunately it doesn't really work that way in real life so you'll need some proof of what you have. I took all my receipts with me when I got mine appraised and that was basically how it got a value that high, because it didn't look like much.

I have American Family and I'm 32 with a okay driving record. I have their collector car insurance, but you MUST have a daily driver insured by them. For full insurance on the Z, agreed value of $12k, I only pay $57 per year. Whats weird is I just insured my new project, '47 Dodge D24 and it's $80 a year for full coverage.

----------------

Now playing: Hypertrophy - [PromoOnly Mainstream Club-May #05] Just Come Back To Me(Friburn n [foobar2000 v0.9.4.1]

via FoxyTunes

I just had liability on my 260Z and it was $30/month. That was with State Farm...Full coverage was something like $60/month for me but I hadn't had that in forever.

20 year old male, 80k+ miles of driving experience, good student discount, multiple cars, etc...

No tickets, no infractions, etc.

I tried to do the whole collector car insurance through allstate but it was a hassle. Basically its $60 a month and I get 3,000mi a year BUT and this is a big BUT...you can only drive the car to specified events. So that wouldn't work out for me because I want to drive my car to drive my car!! I was gonna try and cheat the system but if you get in an accident and cant prove the car was being used for a car show or something like that they wont cover anything. So that being said regular insurance with no regulations is the same price, 60 bucks a month. BUT there is a bigger chance my car wont be covered for what its worth if its totalled. Either way Im pretty much screwed so I just signed up for regular insurance and hope that if I do get in an accident my $12,000 in receipts will help me out.

• 2 weeks later...

I called AAA and got a quote over the phone for $144 a year. I was told I would be limited to 5K miles a yea rand $1000 comp. & $250 collision deductables. I have no points or suspensions on my record as well.

It was a done deal for me so all I had to do was drive over to my local AAA office sign some papers and have them take some pictures.

However, when they took the pictures thye got SUPER technical with the car and parts.They basically told me they couldnt insure the car because it had no passenger seat, odometer, and shield wiper blades.

I went ahead and filled out a few papers just incase I do go with AAA and, i was surprized that they requested very technical info about the car like engine type and specs, rear end, chassis, wheels, etc.

The only problem I have now is how i'm going to get them to beleive I have a correct odometer and speedo. Who the hell has one that's accurate anyways?

i am 23 yrs old and my z is insured as a classic. some insurece agencies require the car to be X% restored or something. mine just said as long as it is driven less than 2500 miles a year and is 24 years or old then it qualifies. they do not even verify milage. HA! cost me like $16 a month for $7,000 of FULL coverage. This is with the same company that i have my standard auto insurance with