HybridZ

RB Engine Dealers Guide

jakeoster

I thought it would be a good idea to pool everyones thoughts and experiences into one thread on the best and worst places to buy RB engines. As many of the people on this forum are from the US and have difficulty finding good places to buy them from. If you have done business with the company then post the company name, website, general description and your experience with them.

****Please no speculation as to what you have heard only what you personally have experienced****

I bought an RB25DET engine and transmission from JazzPro Parts in Dallas, Texas. I did not personally go to order it I bought it through their website http://www.jazzproparts.com and did not have a good experience with them. They had horrible communication and never answered my calls. It took a week and a paypal dispute to get any information from them. They get their engines from Osaka Japanese Auto Parts in Canada. The engine is in decent shape and the prices were reasonable.

VERDICT: Do not buy from them unless you dont mind getting jacked around for a week or two.

Real Pics of the engine they sent me and some external damage.

DSCN2034.jpg

DSCN2035.jpg

DSCN2036.jpg

I bought from Venus auto. Shipping was quick and the motor was pretty clean. Wiring harness was cut and rewired with an incorrect ignitor. Poor communication aswell. After my experience I would not order from them again. I was told the harness wasnt cut but clearly it was.

jakeoster.

it might pay to purchase some arp rod bolts. I would remove the oil pan and push the rods down into the bore as much as you can gently go (because you will rest it on the valves).

Check your crank end play and roundness if possible. That has to have been some front end damage by the looks of it.

Either that or the dropped the snout on a cinder block or something that they were using to hold it up. You should change the rod bolts anyways. They're weak.

jakeoster.

it might pay to purchase some arp rod bolts. I would remove the oil pan and push the rods down into the bore as much as you can gently go (because you will rest it on the valves).

Check your crank end play and roundness if possible. That has to have been some front end damage by the looks of it.

Either that or the dropped the snout on a cinder block or something that they were using to hold it up. You should change the rod bolts anyways. They're weak.

I agree. I've seen quite a few RB's take a front shot in an accident (like that one) and have a bent crank snout. Better check it.

I bought my RB26 halfcut from "The Toy Shop" BERESFIELD, Newcastle NSW. I would strongly caution anyone against using them based on my experience. The motor I received in my half cut ("one of the best we have seen") arrived with the radiator, on removal of the cap, overflowing with oily brown stinky gunk. On closer inspection all the waterways were full of it. (see my website) It was patently obvious that the engine had at least a blown head gasket or a cracked block, which as our first guess, was unfortunately indeed correct. A long protracted battle then took place to get a replacement block, even though it was supposedly fully checked (they obviously hadnt even taken the radiator cap off... or had they?) and warranted. This held up my install for well over 12 months.

"Importers with a difference" says their website, you can bet on that ....

BTW - I have read a lot of info on the RB26 block saying they are bullet proof - I personally have seen 5 cracked blocks at a machine shop so there has to be lots of them out there?

I bought an SR20det from Racer98 ( Karim ) on this site. I know its not an RB but he can get you whatever you want.Do not expect bargain basement prices but do expect exactly what he tells you your gonna get. His proccess takes a little longer because he orders the engines from Japan and they are tested prior to shipping to him for his personal inspection before he ships to you. Communication was great, he kept me up to date on del and sent photos of the actual motor I recieved. I would buy from him again.

I was going to buy from Karim [thank for all your help], but while looking thru Ebay I came across another JDM dealer. After some investigating, I discovered they were local, Richareson TX. I called them for a quote and was told $2300 plus shipping. When I told him I could pick it up he offered it to me for $2200. I would have certainly bought one from Racer98, but I had my choice of 15 RB25's and 6RB26's. Look the up JDMEnginesCorp.com .

I pick up my motor an hour ago. Motor is clean, has complete wiring harness [ucut], ECU, AC, power steering, Alt. Nothing was missing or broken. I would highly recomend this place.

JDM Engines Corp

1331 Echange Dr

Richardson, Tx 75081

Local 972-234-2500

Tol Free 877-364-9100

Please use my name a referal, Joe Barta