HybridZ

"Vortekz" Vortex Generator Install How To

Challenger

Where and how to get them....

Hi Guys, due to the amount of traffic this group buy is getting and requests from the organizer I am making a flat 15% off coupon for all Hybridz users to use at www.manufacturersdepot.com.

Use hybridzpr15% for the Primer Model

Use hybridzbl15% for the Black Model

If you want to buy both Primer and Black please place the order with one coupon code. The administration of the site will then apply the discount to the rest of the order as well.

Also note default shipping is FedEx Ground but there is a USPS 1st class shipping option for $4.

Thank You,

Matt Dawson

Vortekz.com

Materials-

Vortekz Package- $20.99 shipped.

Masking tape- Who doesnt have tape?

String- Who doesnt have string?

Alcohol- Rubbing/drinking most of us have one of them.

Towel- Who doesnt have a towel?

First off youll need to decide what area of the rear roof portion the vortex generators will be mounted on. Vortekz reccomends 100mm in front of the part of the roof where the air will seperate. I chose right above the rear hatch, I would use the top of the hatch as a line for mounting them.

Second you need to clean the area youve decided on. Use conventional rubbing alcohol with a clean lint free rag.

IMG_1438.JPG

Third youll need to find the centerline on the car. I used the string and a little masking tape to center it on the car. To find the center I tied one end of the string to the center cowl vent in front of the window (13th from the outside one mine) I then pulled it along the roofline and centered the other end on the rear lock. From there place small pieces of masking tape below and above the area you will be working on. (double check alignment after this step)

IMG_1441.JPG

Fourth using the templates provided line them up along the center line.

IMG_1444.JPG

Next using the other set of templates, place them inside the above, and line up the top and bottom points at the 15 degrees (reccomended angle). You can then place the double sided adhesives inside each template trying to make it evenly spaced.

IMG_1446.JPG

Now pull off either side and move the template to the other side.

IMG_1449.JPG

Repeat it till you get the end with this pattern.

*center* *15* *15* *10* *5* *0*

IMG_1451.JPG

Now take the right template and move it to the other side and repeat what you just did with this pattern.

*0* *5* *10* *15* *15* *center*

Moved to other side.

IMG_1453.JPG

All applied.

IMG_1455.JPG

From here you can take your vortekz and carefully place them on each of adhesive pieces making sure not to touch the adhesive with your fingers. This step is quite easy because they come shaped where they can only fit over the tape one way, the right way.

Finished, looks like little shark fins! :)

IMG_1459.JPG

IMG_1461.JPG

Overall these are really easy to put on, just take your time and be careful and theyll look great. it is also alot easier if you can stand in the trunk area. (no hatch glass :) )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...