HybridZ

Just bragging

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I just bought the Trickflow 23deg heads with CNC combustion chambers. They are very nice. I just wanted to share. My joy not the heads!

Cool! I have been looking for a decent deal on used aluminum heads, but I have to be very patient! icon_sad.gif

Glad to hear you're happy with the heads; hope they work out really well with your application.

David

Guest Anonymous

I was kinda looking used for a while, but couldn't really find anything I liked for the money. I know a couple of guy's running these heads and they make a lot of power.

I am building a 406. Hyd. roller cam 274 deg. Single plane manifold. I also bought some 5.7 H beam rods. Desktop Dyno say's it is almost a 500/500 motor. So I am expecting a 400/400. A little N2O and we are set.

Man, that engine sounds absolutely delicious. Are you building it yourself, getting some help, or having it built by a shop? What articles or books did you use to base your decision on? Just curious.

David

Guest Anonymous

I am a salesman at Summit Racing. I help design motors all day. I have gone through a lot of tech. training. I just became ET certified by Summit. What ever the hell that means. :-) I really like John Lingenfelters book. Mine is signed 0-150-0, by John.:-0 There is also a great book entitled Engine Blueprinting. I don't mean to sound like an ass, but there are just too many books and articles to list. I collect dyno's, build up's, and articles. Hot Rod had a great article comparing a 408 SBC to a 408 BBC. Comp Cams showed up with Video of Mark Martins valve train at 9K. It was very cool, thoes springs dance like you wouldn't believe.

I will assemble the motor myself. There is a circle track engine builder here that is very good. I think I will have him do the work. One of the really cool things is I have so many racers that will awnser questions for me. Customers, the Tech. line, special vendor treatment. I named this thread Just Bragging, but I didn't think I would be doing this much. humbly Troy

*grumble* I'd be happy to find the speedo I wanted *grumble*

Seriously, nice to have such a valuable resource on the site. A shame I've just about finished ordering all of my parts though - some from your humble establishment! Heh, now that we know who you are we can ask for you and shoot your comissions up if that's how they pay you guys icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Anonymous

You really don't want me to get started on Summit. Big company, small company mentality. There is no way I can buy parts for people. I buy parts at cost, but I am held to 2K a year. I can apply for a special project extention. It then goes to 5K.

There is something called Atech it is the wholesale part of Summit. There is a 5K buy in and then you can buy parts wholesale. I will do this when I leave Summit. Get a couple of people to get a few purchases together and buy in. If you want to call me feel free. 1-800-230-3030 option 4 ext 5891.

Hehehe...He said import catalog Hehehe... hehe.

$5K buy-in for the wholesale huh? Is there much difference in price? If so I actually may know a guy that would be interested. $5K shouldn't be too hard to reach either with as much as he buys through you guys and Jegs. Sounds like a neat job though and if they're training you that's awesome!

Oh, don't knock the Import caalog icon_smile.gif I want one of those big cheesy stainless seel mufflers with the coffee can on the end for my car! I figure I'll be able to suck in Honda punks like nobody's business with one of those! I'm just not sure how loud it would be or if I can manage to fit a pair of them with my Holley blue pump in the back corner. A shame you guys don't sell one with a three inch inlet - or do you? something liek the big sucker I've got on my RX7 wihout the zillion dollar price tag would be nice icon_biggrin.gif

Hey, what's this about law suites?

I know I shine in traffic court, but I've never doen anythin bigger than that. But since you've got me thinking, how much cash flow do you think I could tap into for a "Monkey Bar" related injury...?

I'm just kidding, people who abuse injury laws really piss me off. icon_mad.gif

Anyway, I've also been searching for a nice tip to adorn my my four inch exhaust system. However, the biggest 4 inch tip inlet comes in 2 inches. icon_rolleyes.gif I want something that looks nice, but is not obnoxious. A 4 inch tip is borderline (IMHO), but to put on something smaller than the actual pipe diameter doesn't make any sense. But hey! I might be on to some new trend for domestic vehicle exhausts: exhaust tip REDUCERS!!!

I'm thinking about getting a cheap four inch tip and just cutting the reduction down so I can weld it directly to my muffler. I did this with a 3.5" tip on a 3" muffler. It looks pretty good I must say. An extra half inch shouldn't look much bigger.

-Andy

Thinking along the lines of "reducers", how about "power grooves" for your flywheel/pressure plate? Kinda like slotted/grooved rotors, only this is internal. Only $200 + shipping. I'll get it done for you!

im looking for a muffler that looks like those 5zigen racing fireball mufflers, the ones that mount diagonally as opposed to straight out the back? maybe 3.5-4.5 inch outlet with dual 2.5-3 inch inlets,or maybe run two of them diagonally to the left out of the stock outlet, hardcore import racing

Guest Anonymous

Hey Austringer, I have been looking at those heads also from Summit but I have a couple of questions I hope that you can answer.

1) I have a '86'305 sbc out of a Caprice and was wondering what compression ratio the Trick Flow heads would give me.

2) Are the plugs straight or angle? I have read on this forum that angle plug heads might cause a problem with blockhugger headers and access to the plugs. Maybe someone else could confirm this?

3) I also have been comparing the Trick Flow's to Edelbrock Performers, is there a reason besides cost that you chose Trick Flow?