HybridZ

My $100 HID conversion

streeteg

Projectors are recommended. You can, but it is not recommended due to producing alot of unwanted glare.

technically, without projectors, you can run into some legal issues (DOT).

I did my conversion about 5 years ago using a tri-bar headlight with a center "bulb cover" simular to the pic.

72771011_tp.jpg

s.gif

I just scored some headlights from a LX430 for FREE. I am going to purchase these 7"ers from ebay and do a conversion on the projector lens. I will let you know how they turn out. ( It might be a while) ( I have to stop buying parts my wife is going to KILL ME)

• 1 month later...
Projectors are recommended. You can, but it is not recommended due to producing alot of unwanted glare

hid.jpg

is it just me or does there look to be alot of glare with these projectors anyway, as there is nothing stoping light from reflecting off the rest of the housing, although you could always make up a bezel out of a sanded down aluminum can to stop this...but i doubt the lenses are that great.

i was orginally thinking of doing this, but decided it probably wasn't worth the effort compared to an actual retro