HybridZ

SoCal 240Z RB25det Build Thread

Name is Rick and i'm in SoCal... I'll try too keep this buildup current and concise with photos.

Plans for the Z is to build a clean Driver not too interested in crazy power or restoration obsession.

I bought a RB25 out of Craigslist for $1900 included harness,trans,Rad, June 2008 I tried jamming in my junk Datsun 1200 but it wouldn't fit unless I got a new Turbo manifold since the turbo was sitting on top of the steering box

RB009.jpg

RB013.jpg

So I found a Clean unmolested 240Z on Craigslist for a $1000 bucks

240Z010-1.jpg

I just test fit it and realize I need rear sump pan.240ZRB009.jpg

That's it for now till I get a pan then I'll make some mounts.

For the Mods if this isn't the correct protocol for buildup threads delete it.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That was quick :shock:

Shoving turbo RB motors into Z's takes a lot of motivation and/or funds. I know, I'm doing the same thing and battle (with the aforementioned motivation and funds) all the time. You seem to have started off strong though, seems a shame to give it up.

I'm losing interest in this project and could use the cash. $3900 obo. Call Rick at 626 227-6025 for details

• 1 month later...

What is that oil relocation thing for ? what are the advantages of it or what ? im wanting to learn as much as i can abou twhat peeps do to their RB25det's since i am saving up to do a S30 project hopefully i can get my hands on a RHDS30 by then. but eh! its always good to know about what you're gonna be working on.