HybridZ

G nose headlight covers? May pick up a g nose car

So my uncle offered me a pretty good deal. He's got a 73, 5 speed, rebuilt bottom and top end L24, new dual webers, lowered, flared fenders, g nose, 3 piece rear lip spoiler, decent recent repaint.

2500 down, pay him the remaining 2500 when I can. SO I'd sell my 72, pick up his car, put my sparcos in, get a roll bar, get some brakes (I have ross' rear kit, but I may try and go the 350z brembo route, thats another discussion though).

So after all that;

do they make headlight covers that fit g nose cars?

damnit. it is at the bottom of my priority list, $700 is 1/3 of the s50 I will be putting into my e30 touring next time I spend money.

yes, the car I'm selling as well as my uncle's that I'm picking up are in Buffalo. My dad, uncle and I have about 7 Z cars between us, all in Buffalo

also, are there any threads with pics of the g nose? I was never a big fan and am trying to talk myself into it (worst case scenario I ditch it for a stock front). Searched and didn't come up with anything

735451_67_full.jpg

This is what the headlight covers look like:

735451_138_full.jpg

Kind of a long shot, but here's an old ratty G-Nosed car:

735451_189_full.jpg

Yeah, they were in the yard, so I put em on car domain...what can I say? My bud is moving from Buffalo to be out here in SoCal. Something about coming back to miserable weather after attending a big all-japanese car event and realizing "he's found his people" at least that is what he kept muttering...

That last picture looks like a shark face on that Z.

There is a reason they call me 'sharkie' and my yahoo addy is 'sharkie73z'...

I was once told to take them off, but I find fast lane compliance goes up immeasurably when people see that coming at them in their rearviewmirror with the green, glowing city lights on in the headlights...

I mean, "For gawd's sake Emily, what kind of lunatic puts teeth on the front of their car?!?!?!? I'm pullin' over!!!"

:ugg:

Ew, the chrome trim on the covers is pretty uggo. Are there any without, or a way to mount them otherwise? I guess they could just be painted black eh?

Floorless240z any pics of the other Z (gnose)? Also is your current Z or the e30 on the road? Track day at The Glen in Aug? Let me know......

e30 is off the road, I pulled the m20 and an s50 will go in, likely not til next year though. here it is at the glen. This was about 3 years ago. I pulled in, full of camping gear. Someone ran in front of my car and yelled STOP! I thought I had hit something! Turns out it was one of the GRM guys, asking me "WHERE THE F()CK DID YOU GET AN E30 TOURING?!?!"

glenpicsday3023.jpg

glenpicsday12039.jpg

and for good measure here I am at the Glen trackday following the Z meet in Syracuse. Typical; I beat em all in the corners, then get raped on the straight. Damn I need to get an rb26 (I'm in the gunmetal 240z, front of the pack)

Zfestday2037.jpg

oh, and here's the 72 I'm selling. Complete just taken apart. jambs painted, no rust, uncracked dash. I'm thinking 3k without the wheels, what do you guys think? I know its kinda tough to tell from one pic

Zpic.jpg

You are going to have to paint it and shot it with a solid color for 3k. Might be able to get that if you part it out. Most people are not looking to spend 3k on a project Z that is still stock. Wish you could make it out to The Glen this Aug.....you thinking about going to the Z convention?

what about like 2500 as is? I would hate to part it out, it's so nice. do people still buy bare bones chassis for ~$500+? can't let a clean Z go to the junker just cause I could use the coin.

where is the convention this year? I may be down for the glen in august, hopefully I can sell this, pick up my uncles car and get brakes on it by then. if not, I can always drive my daily

IMG_1628.jpg