HybridZ

Grille mounted headlights

If you looking for a set of narrow lights, how about a set off a 90's cutlass like this one http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/Cid/AmberAlert/Cutlass%20Supreme.jpg or these on the cutlass supreme http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/Oldsmobile_Cutlass_Supreme_convertible.jpg

also I'm suprised nobody has mentioned this yet, some you you guys are using or sugesting using fog lights/ baja jeep style lights but the problem with that is they are single filament bulb so you dont have a high and low beam, just one or the other. You need a OEM light from something on the road that has a double filament bulb.

How about the lights off of a Geo Storm? Pretty much the same as the fourth gen Camaro headlights:

GeoStorm2.jpg

I call it "The Homosexual French Camaro," or alternately, in the case of the hunchback (which was my first car) "The New Gremlin"

1990-93-Geo-Storm-91125031990209.jpg

Ugly? sorta, but believe it or not it grows on you. Not a horrible little car, and believe it or not it is (very) distant kin to the 1990s FWD Lotus Elan.

How about the lights off of a Geo Storm? Pretty much the same as the fourth gen Camaro headlights:

GeoStorm2.jpg

I call it "The Homosexual French Camaro," or alternately, in the case of the hunchback (which was my first car) "The New Gremlin"

1990-93-Geo-Storm-91125031990209.jpg

Ugly? sorta, but believe it or not it grows on you. Not a horrible little car, and believe it or not it is (very) distant kin to the 1990s FWD Lotus Elan.

It's funny that you put that picture up of the Geo, that is the same car (even the same color) as the one I got my "Camaro headlights" out of. The lights are the same between the two although I think there is a very slight difference in the housing that holds the lights.

Also for anyone thinking about pulling those headlights and housings out of a Geo in the wrecking yard... be prepared, it is quite a chore.

Dragonfly

That's an interesting idea. I have been seriously contemplating blocking off the grille above the bumper (making a radiator intake box) and installing new lights behind the grill, in cutouts.

There is one more thing to consider about auxillary headlamps, at least in CA, they MUST function so that if the OEM high beams are on, all auxillaries are off.

I was lookin at the 280YZ kit and thought the headlights from the Kenworth tractor worth a look. Dual rectangular headlights in a chrome housing. Check them out at your nearest truck stop.

Darius used some itsy bitsy teenie weenie mini lights that look great. I wonder how well they work?

IMG_7552.jpg

Davy