HybridZ

Junk Yard Parts

jakeoster

I live in CA and am going to be doing a junk yard run here pretty soon. I have a few questions about getting stuff that'll work with my 280Z and RB25. Ive done some searching and have not found what I am looking for. I'm on a pretty tight budget so anything I can use from the junk yard is fare game. I need a fuel pump, a throttle cable and a radiator. Are their any cars that are likely to be found in a junk yard in California that I can get these parts off of to satisfy my needs? Thanks a lot!

I find at least one Z in the Pick-A-Part every time I go. The inventory is constantly changing. I've seen all of the parts you mentioned during various visits in the last six months. Just go with the frame of mind that you probably won't find everything you need - or anything you need - on any given day.

Dennis

well if you find any mk4 supras or a TT Z32 you could pull the pumps off those if you want a better flow rate for the RB25. you may have to just find a long throttle cable and modify it. i am making one for my RB25 which is going into my Z31.

radiator wise i guess fined a turbo S130 and see if that will work. i know about havin a shoestring budget but soemtiems you just have to spend the bank to get stuff that will work right with no doubts

I live in CA and am going to be doing a junk yard run here pretty soon. I have a few questions about getting stuff that'll work with my 280Z and RB25. Ive done some searching and have not found what I am looking for. I'm on a pretty tight budget so anything I can use from the junk yard is fare game. I need a fuel pump, a throttle cable and a radiator. Are their any cars that are likely to be found in a junk yard in California that I can get these parts off of to satisfy my needs? Thanks a lot!

look for fuel pumps for large engined trucks that are external.

throttle cable... you may have better luck getting one of those custom ones that people use for L28's to replace the linkage throttle system.... they look real nice too.

I would spend more money on the rad. get a nice new one that will fit, there are a couple of threads here about which ones will.

I got my walbro 255 pump off ebay brand new for 105 bucks. Do it right the first time trust me, I wouldnt buy a used fuel pump, especially from a car that has been sitting for who knows how long. As far as radiators, Im still using my stock 280z radiator, works fine for me. For a throttle cable I went to fred meyer and found a suitable bike brake cable and modified it to work. There is a lot you can do yourself, may take you a little more time but saves you money. So total cost for these three items.... Pump-$105 Cable-$7 Radiator-$0 just need a coolant pipe-$10. Total-$122

Yeah Stony i know what you mean. What i mean is I dont want to be paying McKinny prices for parts ($300 radiators, $900 intercoolers) I already dropped over a grand in engine mounts and driveshaft. -.- I still need to get an exhuast set-up for it and a muffler as well as have the harness done to get it going. Im just barely gonna make it hahaha. My ride is gonna look like a pile of crap but when i fire it up thats all the satisfaction ill need right now. Just think guys the ultimate sleeper :D If i hadn't gotten a few grants and scholarships then this whole entire car would have been out of the question for me, so im pretty jazzed that I have the big purchases out of the way and am moving onto the minor ones. Just got my last paycheck, $250, I had to quit work to go to school =/ I feel that I was meant to have this car seeing as I got it for $100 and have gotten a lot of good deals on other things as well, noteably my $90 intercooler set up. Im willing to do what I gotta do to get this baby going :D Thanks a lot for the help on stuff guys really helped me out!