HybridZ

Has anyone used CAT or EAGLE rods?

dum-bass

I took the chance and bought the H-beam rods off Ebay. They are really nice rods with one very important flaw, the width of these rods is only 21mm, our stock rods are 26mm! that leaves an end play of 5mm on the journal!! The seller tells me thats impossible because they are manufactured to exact OEM specs. I tell you they are wrong! there is no way to even fit a stock rod bearing into these. Someone was given the wrong numbers at the factory!!!!! Look up catpep.com for the manufacturer.

The bores and the length are correct but for now it seems they dont believe me that the big end width is wrong. It's a shame because they really are beautiful rods and I weighed them, they are balanced to .7 of a gram and about 590 grams per rod. They also have a return policy with a restocking fee but the way I see it, is they are totally useless for any L-series motor and therefor defective. There shouldn't be any "restocking", they should send the entire shipment back to the factory and get it right!!

I purchased a set of rocker arms for sbc from CAT. First I must say that the parts did end up working but I was not at all pleased with my transaction. I needed a set of narrow body roller rockers for my build and found their parts through an internet search. The price was right and they looked like good pieces so I went ahead and ordered a set. When the time came to install the rockers the poly locks were too large in dia. to fit tn the rocker slot. After many phone calls and 2 new sets of locks I shipped the arms back for them to come up with a solution. They came back with some crappy die grinder work and full on shavings. Spent 8 hours taking them apart to clean up their "repair" work. They didn't even disassemble the rockers while grinding and nicked the shaft on several arms.

Sorry about my little rant but I think I have finally learned the you get what you pay for lesson. I will not skimp on performance parts again. They did seem eager to help with the problem and were fairly easy to deal with but I doubt I will do business with them again.

Jason

If you would of searched, and saw who previously bought these, you could of saw that two other memebers bought a set, and you should of PMed them to see what they thought. Frank280zx's comments, were, "They will make great table legs, on a custom table I am making".

If you would of searched, and saw who previously bought these, you could of saw that two other memebers bought a set, and you should of PMed them to see what they thought. Frank280zx's comments, were, "They will make great table legs, on a custom table I am making".

Oh really, I do recall doing an intensive search about these rods weeks before I even ordered them! HEY EVERYONE, DO NOT ASK ANY MORE QUESTIONS ON THIS SITE BECAUSE ANY QUESTION YOU MAY HAVE ABOUT EVERYTHING, HAS ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED! AND IF YOU JUST SEARCH, THEN YOU MAY GET REALLY LUCKY AND ACTUALLY HIT ON THE QUESTION THAT YOU HAVE AND YOU DON'T END UP LOOKING LIKE A DUM-BASS BY ANNOYING PEOPLE ABOUT YOUR SILLY REDUNDANT QUESTIONS!

Oh really, I do recall doing an intensive search about these rods weeks before I even ordered them! HEY EVERYONE, DO NOT ASK ANY MORE QUESTIONS ON THIS SITE BECAUSE ANY QUESTION YOU MAY HAVE ABOUT EVERYTHING, HAS ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED! AND IF YOU JUST SEARCH, THEN YOU MAY GET REALLY LUCKY AND ACTUALLY HIT ON THE QUESTION THAT YOU HAVE AND YOU DON'T END UP LOOKING LIKE A DUM-BASS BY ANNOYING PEOPLE ABOUT YOUR SILLY REDUNDANT QUESTIONS!

You wont last long............................