HybridZ

Aftermarket Gauge in Dash

JhnRX7

I have been planning on replacing the 3 stock gauges in the dash with aftermarket gauges for a while now. I wanted to use high quality Defi BF series gauges, however they are very pricey. I recently found a relatively cheap gauge made by Prosport that looked good so i decided to buy one and try it out. I decided to get a water temperature gauge and it was only $40 plus shipping. So I got it and tested it out and everything seemed to work good (however i have not checked to see how accurate it is yet). IMO for only $40 this gauge is well worth it. Depending on how you wire it up, it can change colors when you turn the lights on. I have it set to be white during the day and amber at night.

Installing the gauge in the dash was fairly simple. Removing the dash itself was a little challenging because I did it by myself, I highly recommend getting someone to help you once you are about to pull it out and put it back in. Once it was out I pulled the stock gauge cluster out (im sorry i dont have any pictures of this process) and took it apart. There were about ten screws holding it together and it broke apart in half. After removing the clock, the Prosport gauge fit in its place PERFECTLY! The only modification that needed to be done was to cut out a little hole in the back of the stock cluster to allow the gauges wiring harness through.

I am very satisfied with how this turned out and I now plan on getting two more gauges to fill in and match. I am definitely going to get another oil pressure gauge to replace the stock one, but I haven't decided if I want something other than a volt gauge for the other one.

here are some pics (sorry for the blurry ones):

IMG_2697.jpg

IMG_2703.jpg

IMG_2706.jpg

IMG_2699.jpg

IMG_2702.jpg

• 9 months later...
you do not need to remove the dash to replace those gauges. Come over take some pictures of my projects and my Red/Black AE for me. Thanks

V.

Really? I cant imagine it would be very easy to access them w/ removing the dash...

Does this sometime weekend work for you?