HybridZ

vg30dett gods, answer here please

SHADY280

o.k. guys, heres where the fun starts, i need an engine builder, not just anyone, i need someone who really can build race motors. its a roadrace car and it has gone thru engines like they're free. ztune here in burnaby screwed us up, and a z place in cali screwed us. the eagle rods we are using have oil galleries that dont line up due to poor craftsmanship, and a major design flaw. so what i need is a person or shop to build a reliable motor (more than 1.5 races we currently get out of the motor) one of the motors came with metal shavings in it!!!! anyone across the continent do such a thing? there has to be someone. this car must race this year a do well sometime, the sponsors are waiting.

Obviously I can't recommend a builder but in my experience Scat rods are good and engine lubrication can become crucial in high G turns so at least an Accusump is required.

A good, read expensive, engine management system with data logging is essential if you are serious, together with a dyno tuner who knows what he is doing. MoTec M600 if possible, brilliant system.

we got the extenal stuff done, its just been the internals that give way. nobody seems to build these with the correct parts, it had eagle rods, but they were shaved down on both sides, but it makes the oil hole not line up. the other engine builder left shavings and his tolerances were out to lunch. ill tell him about scat rods, they dont care about price, 2 engine have been close to 40,000 out the window. its a high dollar race car expected to perform by sponsors no less.

thanks for some of the links i shall provide them to the cars builder. dont know about the temps. ill get an answer i really am just a messanger who is in the s130 club. the car is actually a parts guys who works at nissan in b.c. canada. he got me on the case as i am a member here and have some time to ask for him. he used to be a crew member on the stillen team years ago. he has some great stories.

• 3 weeks later...