HybridZ

GTR Top Gear video on Streetfire

Derek

Try http://www.surfthechannel.com/; for the Top Gear stuff here. Not everything is accessible all the time, nor are some of the episodes accessible at all, and you'll get used to the "buffering" popup.

If you can find a "transparent proxy" server in the UK (try a search for that term, there are lots of sites that keep track of them), and you're lucky, you can get the BBC online feeds directly a couple of hours after they're broadcast at http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/. Note that you don't want to configure your system (or browser) to use the transparent proxy server all the time, as you'll be routing all your traffic through Cardiff or something; I use Safari for general browsing, as it uses my "system" configuration through my normal ISP, and Firefox (which keeps its own settings) for watching iPlayer. It's only a once-in-a-while thing, I don't think BBC will mind much.

I work at a local Nissan dealership and I was lucky enough to drive one of these monsters. When people ask me how it is, it's ridiculously difficult to describe the sheer speed and feel of the car. The computer system is so advanced that the car just drives itself. Throw it in a corner, mash on the throttle, and the 4wd gives the perfect power distribution and just executes the turn perfectly. The speed is just mind-boggling. I don't understand why Nissan only rated this thing at 480-hp. A 3900lb car with 480 horsepower doing 3.5 seconds 0-60? I don't think so. Yes the launch control system is ridiculously efficient but it's just got so much more power 480, and the potential for a lot more. It's going to be really exciting to start see'ing these things getting modified.

Plus there is a V-Spec version coming in a year or so...:-D

I've read that the dual clutch transmission actually continues to transfer power even while shifting, and so is able to go through more gears in the early acceleration curve, keeping the engine in it's peak performance band. Sorry, I've read so many different reviews I can't remember which magazine it was.

Supposedly this weeks Top Gear is the last of the seasons, seems odd. Not that many this time around.