HybridZ

Shipping parts car parts....

EverRude

I've got a bunch of parts I would love to sell to finance my Z car. But I've always been hesitant to sell things I'd have to ship. Seems like a lot of hassle and like it would force me to keep the price low to get the items sold. And the lower the price the more likely it's simply not cost effective.

Examples are the 3 piece spoiler my 81 ZX parts car has. Kinda cool and certainly worth something to someone but is it worth the hassle of trying to box it.

Or the Gold 14" Enkei 92's my 75 Z had. No center caps so I wouldn't be asking alot but I'd have to get the slightly dryrotted tires off and then box up 4 wheels. Not sure I could make enough to warrant the effort.

Then the numerous parts I have from the ZX or even my 70 Mustang parts car. I know I have a chunk of money in items sitting on shelves or scattered around the garage that I cannot use or probably won't use anytime soon. But shipping seems like such a pain. Is it?

I'd really like to have some extra money for the Z.

Oppinions? Advice?

Anyone willing to buy these items off the net is going to be willing to pay the shipping. For the spoiler you can find a box to fit it behind Walmart or other department stores. For the wheels, get a pallet and strap it down. Include the price of the straps in the shipping cost as part of handling if need be. It's easy enough to get what the parts are worth.

• 2 years later...
Guest Malcom380

should check out baggage freight online comparsion tool. They have most the major freight companies on there and the quotes are instant.

Ive sold a few car parts on ebay and got the buyer to organise the freight themself on there, think they even do like 10% off for ebay purchases.

http://www.baggagefreight.com