HybridZ

Want more RB25/26 turbo YouTube vids!

BenJammin

All you guys who have completed the swap... please make some [more] videos of your ride for YouTube!

I am asking because I have the RB25DET and the car, but the two haven't 'mated' yet ! Just sitting there in the garage staring at each other :ass:

Point is I need motivation (and funds, but that's not your problem), and there is the same handful of vids on YouTube that have been there for awhile of guys with the RB turbo motors installed. Many of them are just of the initial install and a few revs to hear the motor, and no follow ups. One sad one of the car just sputtering back and forth in the driveway and that's it.

Would like to see someone film from inside the car on a track, either 1/4 or road racing type stuff.

One of the best vids of a 240Z that I have seen is the 3.2 stroker from 'brianrn510' where he is just hammering it and getting good footage from inside and out, and a decent length of viewing time, but I haven't found anything like this from the RB crowd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nI8a6j6Ia8

I don't mean to sound demanding, and I'm sure others would dig it too, so if you got 'em, flaunt 'em :rockon:

th_powermanzshow.jpg

After a 4 year ass rape from the chassis builder i decided to pull my old car out and buy a new one here is the first start up after dropping my new fully built rb motor

th_powermanx2.jpg

after i hg swap then a full rebuild from a spun bearing ( don't let you engine sit for 4 years ) here is a dyno vid.

th_dynorun.jpg

Don't get too discouraged it's a time consuming process and aggravating at best sometimes. but when you finish you will be glad you did.

Yeah Stony, I saw your vids, thank you.

Awesome car and impressive runs, but left me wanting more! i.e. it was cool to see the car run, but the vids that really get my blood going are from inside the car.

Again, I don't mean to sound like it's all about me and my needs, but if you happen to have a co-pilot sometime and a camera (or the camera mounted inside)... well, you know. I guess the ultimate solution is to get my car done so I can live it firsthand, but again, spare $$ barely gets past the family budget :)

Allllright booz, that's the idea. A viewpoint that includes looking over the dash and straight down the track would be even better. That way an observer gets a small part of the rush you were getting.

Cool car btw.

Edit: oh, I see you are in Peoria... I lived in East Peoria for awhile when I was a kid... Mom worked for Caterpillar and Dad worked for Westinghouse / WABCO. Lincoln school system, the whole bit. Do they still have the ferry races every year?

Allllright booz, that's the idea. A viewpoint that includes looking over the dash and straight down the track would be even better. That way an observer gets a small part of the rush you were getting.

Cool car btw.

Edit: oh, I see you are in Peoria... I lived in East Peoria for awhile when I was a kid... Mom worked for Caterpillar and Dad worked for Westinghouse / WABCO. Lincoln school system, the whole bit. Do they still have the ferry races every year?

Yep, they do 'steamboat days' theres alot that goes on that weekend....

Here's a few in-car track vids

http://www.booztd3.com/Videos/Midnight_Mayhemt_In_Car_01.wmv

http://www.booztd3.com/Videos/Midnight_Mayhem_In_Car_02.wmv

On the streets

http://www.booztd3.com/Videos/RBZ32_Street_Tuning.wmv

That last run I shut it down about 150-155 or so :)

One of the best vids of a 240Z that I have seen is the 3.2 stroker from 'brianrn510' where he is just hammering it and getting good footage from inside and out, and a decent length of viewing time, but I haven't found anything like this from the RB crowd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nI8a6j6Ia8

That's the vid that made me want to do my modern version of a z car with an engine like that =)

it sounds amazing throughout, but it REALLY sounds mean when he hammers it at the end going left passed after the stop light. That's when it goes!

ZDrifter, now that's a burnout! The track run hits the spot too.

Okay, I didn't exactly run up the credit cards today, but I did splurge on the engine stand so I can put the RB25DET up in the air to start pulling the front cover, oil pan, etc for the mandatory inspection and refresh.

Thanks guys, I am sure this will be a very popular thread.

ZDrifter, now that's a burnout! The track run hits the spot too.

Okay, I didn't exactly run up the credit cards today, but I did splurge on the engine stand so I can put the RB25DET up in the air to start pulling the front cover, oil pan, etc for the mandatory inspection and refresh.

Thanks guys, I am sure this will be a very popular thread.

oh you want burnout vids :>

th_burnout4.jpg

th_burnout3.jpg

th_burnout2.jpg

Will have more video next weekend from the track!!!!

Since this show-n-tell thread is going so well, I thought I'd share my humble little garage scene.

Fyi, the responses here actually prompted my lazy butt [yesterday] to detach the tranny, clean/detail the tranny, and get the engine up on the stand I just bought. The hoist is just there for insurance until I make sure it will hold. I bought the stand from Pep Boys (yeah still made in China of course), but looked better than what I saw at Harbor Freight.

I know... the 240Z looks like it's being used for storage, and it is kind of, but that's the dash frame from my 620 sitting there while I epoxy and paint the dashpad part to fix all those darned Datsun cracks.

Next up on the list(s) are tear down the front of the RB ( get new water & oil pumps, timing belt, clutch, etc, all the refresh stuff), motor & tranny mounts, detail the engine bay and set 'er in ! (Greddy style intake is on the wish list too)

engine_stand2_thumb.jpg

engine_stand1_thumb.jpg