HybridZ

Please help. What is this '70 worth?

I'm looking at a numbers matching 1970 240z that is number 4,xxx of 5,000 cars made. It's in running condition and good shape but there is a little rust under the carpet on the rail and the drivers door and front bumper are missing. The seller is asking 1500 for the car. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth driving 4 hours with a trailer to pick it up.

thanks

take a look at this link, if your going for a stock retore, I say yes.

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?LI=1-22-1-5013-0-0-0&l=1&w=22&p=1&f=5014&y=1970&m=1254&d=2208&c=13&vi=79016&z=75167&da=-1

Original MSRP: $3,526

Low RetailAverage Retail ValueHigh Retail Base Price$7,350$12,650$22,800 TOTAL PRICE$7,350$12,650$22,800

I have driven further for less...

For that price and even a semi-solid body this really is a no-brainer!

If it was cheaper, I'd take the day off from work without pay and go the same day I found out about it.

Done that before as well!

Those who snooze....loose!

New floors can easily be welded on. There's a local one in great condition and it was for sale for 600. Which is a steal here in FL. 1500 is still reasonable in my state, in others it may be a little too much. It never hurts to make an offer. You might be able to get it for less.

For a matching numbers four digit 70 that price is not considered high in ANY place! And it's a downright STEAL even in SoCal.

That other cars exist for lower prices notwithstanding, for that list of pedigree that is more than a reasonable asking price!