HybridZ

Help me beat the neon!!!!

i have 1981 turbo. what is the safest and least costly way to get more boost without blowing it up. im looking for 20 to 30 horse power right now. i have to beat this srt-4 neon. please help. i only have 180 hp 209 tq to the wheels right now. this is what i have done so far. cold air in take, n42 intake, strait pipe, fidazza flywheel, centerfore cluch, totiko stuts and springs, 82 non turbo tranny, warrbo fuel pump, rims 18x7.5 and 18x9.5 tires 225/45/18 275/35/18. i think the rims make it go slower but they are really cool.

Intercooler, manual boost controller...total cost around $250. Don't run more than 12 psi (10-11) to be safe. That should net you 225 hp at the low end, maybe 250 at the top if you're really lucky, but it will you get you hp you're looking for. Oh yeah, bigger exhaust if you can afford it (2.5" - 3").

I wouldn't be turning the boost up before you grab yourself an intercooler. The cheap ones off of eBay really aren't too horrible at all, and for the price they can't be beaten. After the intercooler you can bump your boost up to 12ish like people have said to get a little more juice.

After that, you are going to need to ditch the stock EMS. May I be the first to recommend megasquirt to you? ;)