HybridZ

anybody used the x02 racing turbo manifold?

240zwannabe

just checking to see if anybody had used this manifold. i search but only came up with a couple intercooler threads and one thread concerning the intake manifolds for rb's. $2K is alot of money for a full race manifold that doesn't appear to be any different than the x02 design, but thats also at first glance. thanks guys.

p.s. check out my other thread concering a 7.2 powerstroke turbo on a na-t

A lot of guys run SSAC manifolds, they're actually not complete ♥♥♥♥ for Supras... Remember, you need a 2JZGE manifold, and not a GTE manifold. The heads are different on NA and turbo 2JZs.

i'm aware of the difference in heads, thank you. i'll look up these ssac manifolds

No dude, they're not bad for Supras. Most guys running singles are using SSAC manifolds (MkIII guys at least, I think it's even a 50/50 split for the MkIV). You have to clock the wastegate flange 90*, but other than that they're usually pretty good.

oooohhh, no it didn't click to me that ssac meant ss auto crap. i've seen all too many ssac manifolds crack...even on hondas!

Ive seen hks,greddy, and others crack too, so what does that mean...hks,greddy means crap also???

Ive seen hks,greddy, and others crack too, so what does that mean...hks,greddy means crap also???

if i want sarcasm and people who aren't on the forum to add some kind of helpful input i'll get on the local forum around here. but, to answer your question, no it doesn't mean they are crap also it means i've never seen a hks or greddy manifold crack

I just had my Greddy T88H manifold repaired. It cracked between the runner collector and the flange. In fact, it didn't look like it was welded there very well at all. All of the expanding and contracting of the heat cycles did it in. It may have been cracked for some time, but finally got bad enough that my performance decreased. It was the oddest thing. The car would build boost and then fall on it's face as boost dropped off for no apparent reason. The crack wasn't noticeable and I could find nothing wrong until my machinist sprayed a little soapy water around the seams and hit it with compressed air. I took the manifold over to Mazworx and he said that he has welded on a few Greddy/HKS manifolds. People just tend not to talk about it.

The best made manifold is eventually going to crack. Like Mike said, the Greedy/HK$ owners just dont talk about it.

Highly recommend you look into a Drewgo manifold. I have been using one for a while now with over 700rwhp and Timbo1JZ is using one with his 1JZ. This is chineese made to Drewgo (Andre in Miami) specs and is far superior to any of the generic ebay manifolds. I dont mind giving a pitch for a good, cost-effective product. As per Andre, 100s sold and no cracks yet but I know mine will crack someday, just like high-$$ ones.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showpost.php?p=872610&postcount=45

I just had my Greddy T88H manifold repaired. It cracked between the runner collector and the flange. In fact, it didn't look like it was welded there very well at all. All of the expanding and contracting of the heat cycles did it in. It may have been cracked for some time, but finally got bad enough that my performance decreased. It was the oddest thing. The car would build boost and then fall on it's face as boost dropped off for no apparent reason. The crack wasn't noticeable and I could find nothing wrong until my machinist sprayed a little soapy water around the seams and hit it with compressed air. I took the manifold over to Mazworx and he said that he has welded on a few Greddy/HKS manifolds. People just tend not to talk about it.

aahhh ok, maybe thats why i was under the impression the work done by ssac was so much inferior. thanks man that puts a whole new perspective on it for me

The best made manifold is eventually going to crack. Like Mike said, the Greedy/HK$ owners just dont talk about it.

Highly recommend you look into a Drewgo manifold. I have been using one for a while now with over 700rwhp and Timbo1JZ is using one with his 1JZ. This is chineese made to Drewgo (Andre in Miami) specs and is far superior to any of the generic ebay manifolds. I dont mind giving a pitch for a good, cost-effective product. As per Andre, 100s sold and no cracks yet but I know mine will crack someday, just like high-$$ ones.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showpost.php?p=872610&postcount=45

ran this manifold thru a quick search, i only came up with a thread on supra mania. great looking manifold through, i'd definately be willing to pay the ~$350 for it. i wonder if they make them for na-t?

if i want sarcasm and people who aren't on the forum to add some kind of helpful input i'll get on the local forum around here. but, to answer your question, no it doesn't mean they are crap also it means i've never seen a hks or greddy manifold crack

Thats wasn't meant to be sarcastic, it was meant for you to think about what you are really saying...the meat and potatoes...If you do a search on ebay manifolds on supras you will be hard pressed to find a lots of bad feedback...Of course if you have the extra cash, it really doesn't matter does it? For me it's going to be a ebay manifold, or Drewgo manifold...

Thats wasn't meant to be sarcastic, it was meant for you to think about what you are really saying...the meat and potatoes...If you do a search on ebay manifolds on supras you will be hard pressed to find a lots of bad feedback...Of course if you have the extra cash, it really doesn't matter does it? For me it's going to be a ebay manifold, or Drewgo manifold...

i don't have extra cash...i'm 19!

I have one xspower(ssac) 2jzge manifold for sale. I bought it about year ago and never ended up using it. I had all the flanges cut at the machine shop ($60) so they are perfectlly straight and for time being its just sitting in my engine bay supporting my gt42r turbo. I am going to get custom header built at my work so this one is for sale. If you are interested I can get you some pics of it btw I am asking $250 plus shipping.

Ivo

I have one xspower(ssac) 2jzge manifold for sale. I bought it about year ago and never ended up using it. I had all the flanges cut at the machine shop ($60) so they are perfectlly straight and for time being its just sitting in my engine bay supporting my gt42r turbo. I am going to get custom header built at my work so this one is for sale. If you are interested I can get you some pics of it btw I am asking $250 plus shipping.

Ivo

sorry man, just doing my research right now.