HybridZ

1987 Honda CR80

JSM

Me too. That would have been my dream come true as a 12 year old...

I was 11 when that was a new bike.... I wanted a CR80...Like most kids getting a bike was dependant on grades so I busted butt got straight A's and they bought me a TLR200 Honda Reflex instead--lol (damn it)

Friends down the street had a YZ, a CR and a KX 80 (all new '87's) and they took great pleasure in handing me my butt everytime we rode!! But what awesome memories!

Good luck with the CR and post some pics of it.. Id love to see the bike that kicked my butt everyday after school for 3 years..lol

If the bike sat long enough to quit running, the clutch disks can stick together. We deal with that alot on bikes that sit for a few years. (My brother and I have a bike shop) Most of the time you can get the plates to break loose just by riding it the first time. If not take the clutch cover off and, with a small screwdriver or pick, pry the plates apart. That should do the trick.

If the bike sat long enough to quit running, the clutch disks can stick together. We deal with that alot on bikes that sit for a few years. (My brother and I have a bike shop) Most of the time you can get the plates to break loose just by riding it the first time. If not take the clutch cover off and, with a small screwdriver or pick, pry the plates apart. That should do the trick.

Thanks, Jeffer949 told me the same thing. I suffer from a disease... procrastination. My Dr. cant help for some reason. :(