HybridZ

Armand's SR20DET 1971 Series 1 240Z (Pics)

Armand, Did you forget to mention other engine mods? because I still don't understand how a redtop with an I/C and exhaust and running 14lbs max can produce 255WHP.

We should should set- up a local car meet sometime.

Alright I just checked the e-mail that was sent to me almost a year ago. One of Vildini's old customers got 255rwhp on a dyno, but he also had a greddy intake manifold, and headers. And you can run on 15psi with 93 octane. I know I will get the intake manifold sometime soon, but I want to keep the stock headers because they are solid. I also want to add rocker arm stoppers. So yes, it is below 255rwhp. I forgot to take those two upgrades into consideration. Where in So Cal are you? San Fernando Valley?

Thanks for the comments everyone, I might have a video by the end of tonight.:-D

hey, 220 whp in a 2400 pound 240Z is still FAST. For all the variation between the cars here, 150-650 horsepower.. like you said, much of that is lost in wheel spin. ANYBODY should be driving with 220 horses before they go further, and no one should ever feel TOO bad that theyve "only" got 200-225 on the asphalt.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that we sometimes lose sight of these facts here at HybridZ... but it IS good to bring them back to the surface once in a while.

Alright here are the pics of the gauges/computer lighting at dark. I forgot who started the thread in the Misc. Tech section but that's where I got the idea from. I have another set I'm going to wire up for the trunk, just need to figure out where to put them. So yea, here are the pics. I also added a pic of my new license plate frame for kicks.

IMG_3518.jpg

IMG_3534.jpg

IMG_3525.jpg

IMG_3524.jpg

IMG_3535.jpg

Tomorrow morning I will be taking several in/out of car videos with my brother, so I will probably have an edited video by tuesday. :-D

EDIT: Forgot the license plate. Reasoning behind it is because I am one lucky guy when it comes to cops. I've had 8 cop encounters in my first year, but I beat one curfew ticket, and the only ticket on my record is an unsafe lane change ticket which was only $135 bucks. Being pulled over is fun for me because I can talk myself out of anything. :-P

IMG_3532.jpg

:lmao:

I presume youre like me, hands on the wheel at ten and two until he gets to the window, thenyou say "wallet in back pocket, the rest is in the glovebox," then proceed to unbuckle and let him know you're getting it all out...

I find that when you UTTERLY placate cops, and tell them every move you make before time, etc.. they highly respect you for it. If you think about it, they have GOT to be on their toes for every traffic stop.. may as well take part of the hassle out of their job and set them at ease. Can't hurt you, can it?

:lmao:

I presume youre like me, hands on the wheel at ten and two until he gets to the window, thenyou say "wallet in back pocket, the rest is in the glovebox," then proceed to unbuckle and let him know you're getting it all out...

I find that when you UTTERLY placate cops, and tell them every move you make before time, etc.. they highly respect you for it. If you think about it, they have GOT to be on their toes for every traffic stop.. may as well take part of the hassle out of their job and set them at ease. Can't hurt you, can it?

Exaactly. License and Registration please. Oh Officer is it ok if I have to reach into my glove compartment? Then I start giving him the whole speech, I'm an honors student, I've never been arrested or convicted of any felony, I attend a University, no speeding tickets. The thing is I look/talk much older than I am. The biggest thing that helps is to be 100% HONEST. When they pull you over and ask what you did, you TELL THEM, in as much detail as possible. That's all they want, honesty.

When cops usually see my license and see that I'm 18 their jaw drops. I think if I was convicted for everything I've been pulled over for I would probably have my license suspended until 21. Not something to brag about, but something I can laugh at because it didn't happen. The funny thing is only one of those 8 times was for speeding, and it was the 2nd day I got my datsun, with no license plate, registration, insurance, and I was carrying a passenger, (can't under my first year) and got off with a warning. :-P

EMWHYR0HEN, the only HybridZ'er I have met in person is bajaracer. There are car shows in Northridge on Friday nights, and Calabasas on Sunday mornings. Both with great turn-outs, 40-50+ cars on average, and a few Z's here and there. Let me know if you really want to set one up, I'll help.

Exaactly. License and Registration please. Oh Officer is it ok if I have to reach into my glove compartment? ...... The biggest thing that helps is to be 100% HONEST. When they pull you over and ask what you did, you TELL THEM, in as much detail as possible. That's all they want, honesty.

You are a smart kid... have I mentioned that before? I think I did, in your thread that got around to talk of canyon driving and roll bars etc....

I saw a video of a presentation made by a law professor and an ex PD chief who was studying to become a defense lawyer, and they recommended never EVER talking to the police without a lawyer present, and presented a series of compelling arguments with examples of how, in any situation, speaking to the police can be twisted into something that could potentially damage your case. Naturally, this was more focused on criminal investigations, but the advice held for any infraction of the law.. it just seems to me that traffic stops are a little lighter-weight than what they were focusing on, and in practice I agree with you, honesty and complete disclosure work well to avoid charges being leveled (awkward *cough*) BUT.. if things get odd in their line of questioning for some reason, wisdom DOES seem to dictate that keeping your mouth shut can NEVER get you into trouble beyond a brief delay while your lawyer is summoned. The way they painted it, in the long run your advantage is always to keep your mouth shut, because as they say, anything you say can and will be used against you.. The unspoken corollary to that is, nothing you say can ever be used FOR you.

Here is a pic I forgot to upload.

IMG_3537.jpg

..Mind you I haven't washed the car for over 500 miles in that pic except for the wheels.:-) Plus it went through a drizzle for 15 minutes. That's what I love about orange, it ALWAYS looks SO clean.:coollook:

You are a smart kid... have I mentioned that before? I think I did, in your thread that got around to talk of canyon driving and roll bars etc....

I saw a video of a presentation made by a law professor and an ex PD chief who was studying to become a defense lawyer, and they recommended never EVER talking to the police without a lawyer present, and presented a series of compelling arguments with examples of how, in any situation, speaking to the police can be twisted into something that could potentially damage your case. Naturally, this was more focused on criminal investigations, but the advice held for any infraction of the law.. it just seems to me that traffic stops are a little lighter-weight than what they were focusing on, and in practice I agree with you, honesty and complete disclosure work well to avoid charges being leveled (awkward *cough*) BUT.. if things get odd in their line of questioning for some reason, wisdom DOES seem to dictate that keeping your mouth shut can NEVER get you into trouble beyond a brief delay while your lawyer is summoned. The way they painted it, in the long run your advantage is always to keep your mouth shut, because as they say, anything you say can and will be used against you.. The unspoken corollary to that is, nothing you say can ever be used FOR you.

In my experience everything I have ever said DOES get used against me. I've tried the honesty thing, only worked the very first time I got pulled over and should have been arrested. He let me go that time, but ever since honesty has only helped them screw me in court. Kudos to you though for getting away with it. Sweet ride by the way, very nice.