HybridZ

3.1 Stroker Compression ????

240z_808

i've been doing some searching and i just had a quick questions. using the vo7 crank, 73 240z rods, 89mm arias pistons (4.2cc dome), 1mm head gasket and a p90 head; i've calculated a ~8:1 compression ratio.

i'm trying to get something closer to a 10-11:1 compression ratio. i know this is possible using a smaller cc head, but, from what i've been reading the p90 flows much better than the e-88/n-42.

i guess what i'm trying to ask is, is it better (in regards to hp and torque) to use the p90 head at a lower compression or to used a smaller head (e-88, etc) at a higher compression?

thanks!

ok, here's what i've got so far. i'd rather not have to do the p90 head shave mod if i can avoid it.

*f54 block

*p90 head

*1mm headgasket

*v07 crank

*240z 9mm rods

*arias KA24E domed pistons (89mm, 1.34 c/h, 10.4cc dome)

bore diameter: 3.50

stroke length: 3.26

head cc: 53.6

head gasket: .039 (1mm)

head gasket bore: 3.50

piston to deck clearance: .023

this yeilds a 3.08 displacement and a compression ratio of 10.7:1. my question now is, with these arias pistons, will the piston to deck clearance or piston deck height still be .023" (.6mm)? and because of the positive deck height + the domed pistons, will i have adequate valve clearance with the stock p90?

valve clearance is something dependent on camshaft selection and actual assembly and testing on the engine. 'clay your pistons for valve clearance check' is the term used in the old days. that will only be answered by assembling your engine and checking it.

if clearance is inadequate, have the piston heads flycut for clearance. that's what the trial assembly is designed to sort out.

This is what I'm building:

V07 crank

KA24 89mm pistons

L24 rods

P90 head

0.6mm fly cut (gives stock 0.030mm deck height)

KA24 2.8cc dish should be close to 0 with fly cut

1mm gasket

CR should be close to 9.6:1 (good for street engine)