HybridZ

carb--->injection?

JelmerPatrol

A good question.

Consider that the MQ? is a heavy beast. Very heavy. I'm absolutely certain that you could get that thing to hoot along very well with a turbo/V8 or a 2jz.

But you used the words "L28". If you're seriously going to keep this engine, check the dyno graph. My car is very heavy too. I wanted what you wanted, but I didn't want to spend the earth trying to achieve it. (Mortgage,kids' school fees and the rest limits my spending money these days).

So look at the graph, then really look at it. Get the pen, paper and a calculator out and look at what torque increses I obtained with, what is, essentially a stock L28 with some bolt on stuff. Hear it and see it on the dyno on youtube. Type in Datsun 280c and see for yourself. If you want to know more, PM me and we can talk some more.

Cheers.

dyno run max torque august 2007_thumb.jpg

my first question would be have you searched???

second, what year motor

what head?

I would look at th SU carb setup before the FI because you vehical already has the proper equipment.

Year of the motor is '84, I don't know the type od the head, I know its got squared exhaust ports.

I don't need a quater mile beast, just some more HP to spin the 35" wheels some better in the mud. I got 120HP now, so 150HP would be enough for me. I already got a equal lengt header. So I tought injection from a 280ZX and maybe a little hotter cam wil help. I don't want carbs anymore because the don't work great when I'm going down hill.

Most of the rock crawler guys love EFI as it's much more resistant to fueling issues at extreme angles than something with hinged floats in it.

Proper Surge Tank will go a long way to making an EFI unit 'stall proof' at 45 degrees. Some carbs will either die or flood out at that kind of approach/departure angle.

Proper Surge Tank will go a long way to making an EFI unit 'stall proof' at 45 degrees. Some carbs will either die or flood out at that kind of approach/departure angle.

i have a l28 in my samurai and its injected, it is easy to do and it will run when flopped on its side. it was there for about 2 minuted or so before i got it back over and it ran the whole time. but if you want the really good thing switch it over to run on propane. its 100-110 octane and its better for your motor and only has 2 wires. thats what im going to do anyways. im getting it from http://www.gotpropane.com/ well anyways good luck on whatever you choose to do.

Jeremy