HybridZ

Intake piping

I noticed a couple of different styles of intakes, and trying to get some input on intake piping from you guys that are actually driving your cars as this is where im at in my swap. Those of you with the intakes that go around the radiator through the stock intake hole in the core support, what are you intake temps like? Seems like a long intake pipe like that would end up yielding pretty high intake temperatures. Also is that a kit, or are you guys just piecing them together?

Saw Vinh's (Atleast i think thats how you spell it) with the cobra daytona replica. I like how his intake runs over the radiator but doesn look like leaves much room behind for fans. Also i am running a 90 mm throttle body so i have to have a 4 inch intake tube, which would really put the radiator at an angle where the fans really would fit behind.

Sorry for the novel just looking for some input.

Nice, thanks again for the info guys. Ill probably end up using johns kit as that is where i have been getting the rest of my stuff. He will be happy to hear from me again so soon. The intake temperatures were the only thing that were bugging me about that kit, good to know that it performs well. thanks again.

On my LT1 I am running the intake through the stock hole with the filter in front of the radiator. Air is going through there so fast it really can't be heated even though mine is made of aluminum pipe.

rail-covers.jpg. According to my LT1scan the intake air is right at outside ambient temp.

You said John's kit ....... did you mean John's Cars or JTR. Didnt realize John's Cars had a kit.... I did get most of the other items from John's Cars, but tubing, headers and radiator from JTR.

No the owner of jags that run is named john, ive given him so much money that i just call him by his first name, makes me feel better, ha ha. Im going to swing by his shop on tuesday and probably pick up this intake stuff.