HybridZ

Got my T56 on eBay $960 but.....

Guest gprix1

Guest gprix1

Just won a '96 T56 on eBay for $960. I emailed the guy prior to the auction ending to ask if he had the bellhousing and he said:

"it has the bellhousing, flywheel, clutch fork, shifter(no boot), and two slave cylinders. I also have the old clutch disc, pressure plate and throwout bearing but would advise buying a new set".

I looks like a good deal the problem is I got so excited getting it for $960 that I failed to notice the guy has ZERO feedback. DOH!!!!!!

I can't believe I did that. Now I've got to figure out what to do. I have emailed him asking if he'd be willing to use an escrow service but haven't heard back yet.

I have been burned before on a deal. If he isn't willing to use escrow I may just use my $300 Delta credit (gave it to me for volunteering to take a later flight a while back) and fly to Arizona myself.... or I could just send the money and hope for the best icon_sad.gif

Worst case scenario, I just back out and take the hit on my perfect eBay feedback.

Any HybridZ members live near Conway, Arizona?

When you sell an item on Ebay, there is a checkbox indicating whether or not you will accept escrow, and the default is "yes". I would think you can access the transaction, being the auction winner, to check the status. Escrow would be a very good idea, and if the seller won't accept it, watch out! Any reasonable seller will accept it, I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Rick,

Couple of things you could do... Get as much info, and a faxed copy of his drivers license, a good phone number and confirm that number to the one on his license. Get him to provide his SS#. It will be a tough call though, as you can still get burned. Sounds like he is unloading a lot of stuff and he was honest about you needing a clutch kit, so that is a good sign... $960 is a lot of scratch right after Xmas, so he may be hurting for the money, who knows...

Escrow payment service would be the best way to go still...

Mike shifty.gif

Guest Anonymous

Rick,

Either do escrow or COD. I got burned in a similar manner for 1k!! Ouch, can not believe I was so dumb but live and learn. An expensive lesson. icon_mad.gif