HybridZ

how do I remove stainless around windshield?

ktmp

• 4 weeks later...

I had success remove the top and bottom chrome pieces by pulling them left and right and they will pop out of the clips. However there is a great possibility that you will bend the chrome pieces if you are not carefull. If you are replacing the windshield then the best way to remove the chrome pieces is to stick a utility knife in between the windshield and the chrome piece and cut the clips. Once the windshield is out you can buy new clips from MSA and reinstall them. If you go this route let me know because I bought new clips from MSA awhile back and never used them. Good luck

The actual process I used for the part of the trim on the A Pillar was to slide it up and down a bit and pull out - the 'catch' area is about 4 inches from the bottom as I recall - maybe less.

Wiggling the horizontal pieces back and forth after spraying underneath with silicone made short work of getting them off easily.