HybridZ

r230 bolt in kit

fl327

I should have one ready by end of this month. Although my setup uses the R180 mustache bar, I will have to get a R200 one from the JY to make the correct front mounting to use the R200.

I might just cock the R180 mount since I think most of the guys who will be upgrading will be upgrading from the R200.

Tim

Cool! I'll be interested in your progress on this. I was planning on swapping an R200 for the R180 in my '71. But, if you are put something together, I may just opt to go straight to the R230. They seem to be more available in the JYs I've called and sounds like they may be a better way to go in the long run.

Guest Anonymous

HMMM well if you can do it .. i would be interested .. Will the kit include a set of cv shafts and adapters? I would pay well for a simpl bolt in setup

I can obtain a r230 no problem just need halfshafts and the mounting systemm

BTW i saw your front mount just a thought but the str could be REALY increased if you welded L plateing beween it and the cut out ends of the normal fron dif mount bar..

and then put braces angling back to the area where the bolts go to the r230- housing..

I realy want a indep rear but i need something that can honestly take 800 horses ..

Guest Anonymous

Hey Tim that's awesome! I already have the r230 diff in my garage waiting for a kit like that! I am going to have to get one of those from ya! Gosh, I could have the rear end in before the motor is finished if I'm lucky! Let me know when they are done and between you and Mike Kelly we can spend my next 6months income on a worthy cause!(My 240!!) icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Anonymous

yup the front mount will have to be verry strong for my aplication .. but I would definatley be interested in the mounts the haflshafts and adapters

Guest Anonymous

I would be interested!

By the way, what is a good price for the R230 with the CVs from a 300ZXTT? the CV's would work if shortened correct?

I was at the JY today, and I saw one, so I asked about the 230 and the cvs, and he said $450, but I could probably get it less. also, I looked at the car, 28,000 Miles! talk about low!

I thought this souded like a decent deal, but I honestly don't remember. Also, were all TT models the LSD, or no?

Either way, I'll definitelly be doing the swap, and would like a ballpark figure as well, have to start saving. that and a new snowboard! I'm going this weekend too, even though my arm is still in a cast from when I broke it snowboarding two weeks ago icon_wink.gif I can finally type decently again too!

Thanks,

Kris

Kris,

I picked mine up for $280 with shafts, but wont be using the shafts...rather go with the new ones which are not much more expensive than having the old ones shortened. There is a place up here (where I got mine) in LA that has plnety of them out of Q45s. $450 seems a little pricey.

Tim

Guest Anonymous

Tim,

Like I said, I couldn't remember icon_smile.gif

So what cars did the LSDs come in, and in what ratios? Also, how do you tell if it is an LSD with the Viscous, because I would think it would act differently than a clutch type unit.

There were also a couple other 300ZXs, and probably some Q45s.

Thanks, Just thinking of options,

Kris

The R230 came in the 90-96 300ZXTT and the 90-94 Infiniti Q45. The ratio for the Q45 is 3.53:1 from 90-92 and 3.56:1 between 93-94. In the 300ZXTT the ratio is 3.93:1. I might not be 100% accurate but I'd only be off by a hundredth in any case.

Guest Anonymous

SIgh they want 600 bucks for a dif here 800 with half shafts dam i may just order one from up there..

if this wil work i will be happy as hell..

I am going to the track tonigth with the 300 shot going to go for a pass and see what the car can do .. I will most likely be limited on top end because the r-200 lsd i have is a3.70 one.. so i will love the 3.56 in the r-230 if i can get it done..

R230 LSD's $200 plus actual shipping.

I was at All-Z-East here in Portland yesterday and Mike said that he has quite a few of the R230LSD's and he will sell them for $200 each. E-Mail him at douglasallz@aol.com or call them at 503-666-5659 I have bought a quite a bit from them and would not even think twice about a purchase from these guys.

Dave...

Blood sweat and gears

Thats the name of the game