HybridZ

ls1 cooling

does thermostat have to go to top radiator outlet is my question reason is

i have ls1 with jtr radiator fitted hoses so thermostat outlet went to bottom of radiator and center outlet from pump went to top radiator outlet ran car like this and temperature was all up and down and everytime i checked coolant was down so obviously not filling up properly

but then i thought hang on thermostat normally goes to top outlet on radiator but when i look hear most people are running hoses the other way like i first fitted so which is correct

thanks for any feedback

mick

I have mine plumbed so the T stat hose is dumping in the top of the radiator and pump is pulling from the bottom of the radiator.

Ditto on mine. I have NO cooling issues at all with mine; even at idle in 30*C+ humidity. That was with only ONE of the two Fbody fans running :icon14:

Ok, mine is an LS2 so it may be slightly different? Hose from T-stat housing goes to lower radiator. Hose from top of pump goes to top of radiator. Try pulling top radiator hose and filling with coolant (only with cold engine). This seems to help get the air out of the system. Several people I know of have had to do this.

Mike