HybridZ

Are these good parts (mckinneymotorsports)???

Guest drifterfromhell

I ordered that 260z engine mount kit (Type 3) last week, so will let you know when it turns up here in the uk.

Was told at 1st the kit isn't suitable for our rhd cars, but they now say it is so I ordered it. Will soon see :-)

If it all fits well I may well be back for a few more of their conversion bitties, dep on import duty :?:shock:

To 900ss i ordered several parts from the USA, i paid roughly £40 tax for items costing £170, this includes handling charge by the delivery company. Just curious are you changing the engine if so what are you fitting. I have 327 chevy in my 240z, i live near sheffield if your ever in the area let me know and well meet up. Also you only pay import tax on items valued over £18 on the shipping notice regards 240z chevy v8.

Cheers for the pointers Chevyv8

These are well over £18 mind.

Delivered is $620 which is about £350 + whatever tax I will have to pay our end? :?

I’m going for a straight 6 2.5 RB25DET engine + box from a 94 skyline.

Maybe meet up at Santa Pod one day lol :icon14:

If its ever finished

I looks like these mounts are very similar to the SR mounts they make. Do they get welded to the frame rails on the car? I would like to be able to not have to weld anything to the body like that. I know its a good way to go for the most part, but for simplicity I would like to be able to mount the engine to the front cross member. Does anyone have a picture of this mount setup in their car without the engine? Or even can confirm or deny the way they install would be nice. I might just have to talk with them on Mon, but I am not sure what I would get out of them. I have talked with several places saying they are the way to go and they make a good product. Second hand info though

I looks like these mounts are very similar to the SR mounts they make. Do they get welded to the frame rails on the car? I would like to be able to not have to weld anything to the body like that. I know its a good way to go for the most part, but for simplicity I would like to be able to mount the engine to the front cross member. Does anyone have a picture of this mount setup in their car without the engine? Or even can confirm or deny the way they install would be nice. I might just have to talk with them on Mon, but I am not sure what I would get out of them. I have talked with several places saying they are the way to go and they make a good product. Second hand info though

i'd like to know too on how well this kit works as i am planning on buying a set from them but if it means welding and all that then i might consider.if u do get info on these kits pls do share...

I have bought several parts from McKinney and I have been satisfied. Mac, the head guy there is helpful if you have questions. I would recommend them. I actually purchased the mount kit and have it installed, check my page in the members projects section (My $100 280z) if you want to see it. It fits absolutely perfectly. The transmission mount does not look like it'll fit at first but you have to beat in the tunnel a little bit. The driveshaft which I also bought from them is aligned perfectly and the engine sits right where it should for optimum weight distribution. Its a bit pricey but you get a really nice mount kit that places the engine right and not too far foward like some mounts do.

Sometimes they are gone for a few days racing... give them some time. Also, they are an extremely busy shop, so best to be brief in emails.

Also, try to send from another email address. Sometimes your email address can inadvertently get on a blocked spam list for no good reason.

• 2 weeks later...

I used these mounts in my '71 and had the RB26 with rb25 tranny bolted up in about 30min by myself.PICT1685.jpg

I did have an issue with the clearance of vent on the valve cover clearing the hood latch support though.

PICT1696.jpg

I was able to correct this by redrilling the transmission mounts only. I talked someone at McKinney and they suggested modifying the valve cover vent but cheating the engine forward by a 1/4 inch seemed to be an easier solution.