HybridZ

80's suburban driveshaft fits JTR...

V8_DatZun

Lmao i gotta be the luckiest SOB today! I just got my driveshaft adapter from JTR for the 77 2+2 so i go to measure for my driveshaft to be made... the distance from U joint to U joint i needed was 35 3/4" with the yoke all the way in the tranny.... i pulled the tranny from a 80's model suburban that had a 2 piece drive shaft and im using the front shaft to make the shaft for my z... got to looking and was like damn... thats pretty close to 35" it may be TOO short... i measure it guess what it turns out? 35 1/4" from yoke to yoke... haha.. 1/2" clearance which is what i need... i was like noooo way.. had to measure it like 20 times to be SURE.. i NEVER have luck like that so now i dont have to get it cut... i just have to take the back spline part off and get new u joints! yay! lmao.. that just made my day.. wish i had more of this luck.:-D

I would measure the driveshaft ends carefully before buying it. You want to use 1310 u-joints that fit the JTR differential flange adaptor:

1310 – 3 3/16" wide 1 1/16” diameter cap.

The C20 Suburban 3-piece rear driveshaft uses 3011, 1330, or 1350 u-joints.

3011 - Clip to Clip 2 3/8" 1 1/8" Cap diameter

1330 - 3 5/8” wide 1 1/16 diameter caps

1350 - 3 5/8” x 1 3/16 diam Cap

The driveshaft yokes are probably wider and the holes larger diameter than the 1310 u-joint.

You might be able to run a 1330 front and a 1330/1310 adaptor (Google Jeep/Ford Bastard)

i've always been told 1/2 to 3/4". an inch seems a little over board IMO... my last driveshaft was 1/2 and i had no problems.. the drive shaft im speaking of in this thread is just a hair over 1/2". i will be connecting my shifter in the coming days and will be posting pics of the shaft and car like i said i would. waiting on my welder to arrive so i can weld up the old shifter hole in the tranny tunnel.