HybridZ

will I need a solid rear

rdsk8ter

98% straight line would qualify it as a drag car, so build it like one. Four link/backhalf setup. Plus to even go in the 10's in a Z car and be NHRA legal requires you to get the car ridiculously light, somewhere under 2200 lbs if I remember right. With that much horsepower I assume you plan on running well under 10 seconds, which will also require alot of cage work as well. So build the cage and rear at the same time. You will basically be building a chassis car with a Z body on it.

98% straight line would qualify it as a drag car, so build it like one. Four link/backhalf setup. Plus to even go in the 10's in a Z car and be NHRA legal requires you to get the car ridiculously light, somewhere under 2200 lbs if I remember right. With that much horsepower I assume you plan on running well under 10 seconds, which will also require alot of cage work as well. So build the cage and rear at the same time. You will basically be building a chassis car with a Z body on it.

yea i already did the cage lol I know wrong order this project just keeps morphing lol I saw a jegs kit a while back now i cant find it