HybridZ

Powdercoated J-Pipe

xxjoeyxxeb

Hey guys,

Alec and I have been practicing getting different types of Powder Coating with great results. Here's a pic we just did tonight of my J-Pipe. Its a Heavy Texture Matte Black and it looks like it was wrapped in velvet.

Before

downsized_0912081847.jpg

After

0915082324.jpg

downsized_0915082324a.jpg

Here's some of other parts we've done.

Powdercoat%20Gloss%20Black%20Pulley.jpg

Eastwood's High Gloss Black scratches very easily, we got a better semi gloss that looks better. (Pics later)

Alec's door handle, there will be pics soon from our body/paint job the past month.

Powdercoat%20Gloss%20Black%20Door%20Handle.jpg

My Alt Bracket

Powdercoat%20Gloss%20Black%20Alt%20Bracket.jpg

Ya, the J-Pipe looks great and the wrinkle will hold tons of grease and grime. But it's going on a brand newly rebuilt engine that doesn't get driven a lot. And I'm kind of a clean freak when it comes to my cars.

As for the oven being large enough, not yet but we will be making it into a pregnant oven to get larger parts.

Joey and I got a clear in yesterday. Just haven't had a chance to use it yet.

The door handles are going on my car, but after seeing how well the satin black came out I think I might recoat them with that.

When coating the J-pipe we actually expected it to come out looking closer to the stock wrinkle coating. The pics don't do the coating justice, it really looks cool up close and has a nice sheen, though it will definitely be a pain to clean.