HybridZ

post me some questions

• 3 years later...

What is the proper way to set up a PCV system?  I will probably go with the common route of a breather on one valve cover and a pcv valve on the other (connected to the carb or intake), but how do I select the proper PCV valve?  I've tried to research it and have found no definitive answers to which valve works. I will be rebuilding my chevy 327 with RHS pro action 180cc/64cc heads, a Howards Cam roller 270/278 cam, Edeldbrock performer rpm intake, Holley 600cfm vac secondary carb.  I haven't decided what to do with the bottom end yet.  I may go 030 over if my pistons are dished (I want flat top) or if the pistons are not in good shape.  Also, any suggestions for the bottom end?  Leave it stock if everything looks ok?  This is going in my 240z.

Thanks!

Edited by Wilson_WWSC

• 1 month later...

Hey Grumpy, been a while since I've been here.

My question is this...... I just scored a 400, 4 bolt main, 511 block . It is standard bore and may very well clean up with a good hone job. It was purchased from Somers racing engines and he said it was the straightest factory block he has seen.

If this is built properly, what kind of boost levels do you think it could withstand running a banks Twin turbo kit. Problems with ring seal due to thin casting? power levels?Head gaskets?

Thanks,

Mongo510

Hello grumpy! some great info in this thread you are very knowledgable indeed. My plans for my 83 280zx is to do a sbc swap and that way i can actually enjoy owning one of these z cars. I am a chevy guy and not too knowledgeable on japan engines. It has the original 6 cyl eng with the turbo set up original. i have a few engines available. 406 stroked with dual carbs and aa nast cam. This one ran in the 9 sec range in a corvette. but, i was going to install it into my 280zx but am thinking i will need to backhalf the car to handle the torque of this engine. Also have a rather stock sbc 350 with a nice little cam and no real racing options. My question is in your experience which one would you recommend and why? Second question is where can i find the necessary parts needed? ive been all over the interweb and jtr is where i always end up. But is there someone who has some better mounts? I have a full s10 v8 swap kit and i beleive they are very similar. I would need to find a trans crossmember on its own in that case any ideas where i can find these parts? Thanks, BOLO

• 5 months later...

hey grumpy im new to this site and was looking around for an answer to my speedometer problem. i have a 383 stroker in a 84 300zx with a 350 trans and was wondering if there was a cable that will hook up from the 350 to the stock speedometer (its a analog, not digital ) or if it wound be easier to just buy new gauges and make a custom cluster. i also have an issue with my tires hitting the headers when turned too much any idea how i could fix that without spending a lot of money on new headers?

• 2 months later...