HybridZ

I don't have resistors with my low imp. injectors!

big-phil

check this out I found a connection that came unsolderd.

this is what that is

Metal Oxide Varistor (MOV)

The MegaSquirt-II PCB receives electrical current along from the vehicle's battery. If the voltage from the charging system surges or spikes (rises above the accepted level) the Metal Oxide Varistor (MOV) diverts just enough current into the outlet's grounding wire to keep the voltage supply to the components at the acceptable level.

A MOV forms a connection between the hot power line and the grounding line. A MOV has three parts: a piece of metal oxide material in the middle, joined to the power and grounding line by two semiconductors.

These semiconductors have a variable resistance that is dependent on voltage. When voltage is below a certain level, the electrons in the semiconductors flow in such a way as to create a very high resistance. When the voltage exceeds that level, the electrons behave differently, creating a much lower resistance to ground. When the voltage is correct, an MOV does nothing. When voltage is too high, an MOV can conduct 'excess' current to ground in order to eliminate the extra voltage.

Because the extra current is diverted into the MOV and to ground, the voltage in the PCB power supply line returns to a normal level, so the MOV's 'by-pass' resistance shoots up again. In this way, the MOV only diverts the surge current, while allowing the standard current to continue powering the components on the PCB.

I've had voltage spikes and drops, and this has got to be it!

I'll put it back together and report back.