HybridZ

Phantom Grip LSD

Guest Tht1KSguy

Guest Tht1KSguy

Alright guys, i'm looking at options for LSD's and i've noticed this Phantom Grip thing in alot of the imports, FWD mostly. Anyone have any experience w/ these? I see they have an application for the 240SX '89-up R200. That being my second question, is that the same type of carrier our R200's are? And if it's not then maybe we can bombard them w/ emails to get an application made for us. :D Listed for $349 on their web page seems not too bad for a lifetime guarantee compared to other LSD's you have to rebuild.

Thanks

Ryan

phantom grip is a pretty good alternative to something like quaiffe by price comparison. the unit is sturdy, but definitely not designed to withstand metric buttloads of power. on a lightly to moderately modified car it should serve well without any major issues. I've known several people who have used them in neons, and they have nothing but praises. For the neon, the unit retails for about 280. Just my 2 cents.

I do know that my friend's neon dynoed 197hp/150tq @ wheels has a phantom grip, and it has made over 100 passes at the strip, clocking out 13.5 sec runs on an n/a neon

The extremely durable Eaton case posi for GM sells for $349... I may look into this. Redier racing used to sell an LSD for $425, but they lost that supplier. Anyone else know anything about these? Is the 240sx diff the same as the 280zx with 12mm ring gear bolts? Somebody make ring gear bolt sleeves for using 10mm ring gear bolt gear sets?