HybridZ

Put the solid u joints in ging to trac friday

Guest 1fastz

sorry for the dleay the track was rained out.. Im going to go tomorrow and I will let you know..

I also put a two stage kit on it now.. leaveing the line on a 100 shot then sparying 250 more after second gear instead of just the 350 in first i used to spray I think I will lay down some good times

• 2 weeks later...

Hey that's what I want! I got the CV halfshafts with my LSD R200 and since the axles would have to be narrowed to work anyway... I really like the CV/U-joint combo. Can anyone tell me how it was done? More Darius PICS please!!! I'm gonna need it with a projected 550HP flywheel SBC in the mix!

Mark 2thumbs.gif

"I got the CV halfshafts with my LSD R200 "

Mark, do you mean 300ZXT CV's or 280ZXT CV's? The 280ZXT CV's can be bolt in thru use of a CNC adaptor Scottie pioneered and I now offer. They tolerated Scotties power and I think we're all curious to see how they do at potentially higher levels (although I honestly didn't think we'd be seeing so many Z's with projected higher hp levels! ).

Here is the pictures

http://www.gatewayzclub.com/articles/darius/

Theres one there its possible to see the u-joint adapter. Its a r230 rearend and cv axles. The universal u-joints is welded on the r230 axles. Ask a driveshaft/axle expert he knows there to buy such parts. A ingieneer also has catalogs with industry u-joint parts with torque specs.

That setup looks like it would work awesom..

Just ptu a r-230 and then get the half shafts made..

Does anyone know how to get ahold of darius?

email etc..

I would love to get some info from him . I can fab up mouting for the r 230 I just need to know if those outer half shaft ujoints are larger then the factory ones..

my prohblem is i snap them like candy..

If i can get that system and put a transbrake on the car it should be no problems for me to dip into the 9.0s or 8s with more nos.

Doing a little research, when you blow a u joint 1/2 shaft, where is it breaking? Is the body of joint itself coming apart or is it due to bearing bind in the cap of the u joint? Also sorry for the ignorant question, but what is the preferred model/year for the cv joint axle replacement w/adapters? 280zxt? Thanks!

JS

I break them through the body of the ujoint..

I have also twisted the round ears OFF the half shaft without breaking a u joint..

its time to build something stronger

cv joints are WEEKER then u joints..

they just can withstand more angularity..

simple fact.

my rear end is almost level with no angle when going down the track under load so the regular joints are actualy stronger for me then a cv.

Guest chevsun

I am hopeing the cv"s will help my breakage problems. I had severe squat so I changed to #250lb coilovers and cv,s. If this doesn,t work I will go solid axle for sure I am sick of this breaking game.

1 fastz

I have a 9 inch for sale with 35 spline moser axles... you could get 15 (also for sale) inch tires under the car with this rear end ;>

if you still have no cage this may be a good option for you. launch on the bottle draggin the bumper ;> :D:D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=602141573&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1013660273&indexURL=0&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=602142536&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1013660982&indexURL=0&rd=1

Ross C, the CV's are the 300ZX Turbo's that came with my $45 LSD :D . I was hoping to use these axles by either shortening them ( retaining the inboard and outboard CV's) or using the "Daruis Solution". I'm atempting to build the strongest and most effective setup I can afford! With my head/cam/intake/exhaust specs I'll need it!

Mark

"Ross C, the CV's are the 300ZX Turbo's that came with my $45 "

I haven't confirmed it myself but someone has told me that the Z31 CV shafts are longer than the 280ZXT CV's and thus any spacer enabling you to use the Z31 shafts unaltered would either be really thin or one would have to shorten the shafts. Drop me a line personally to compare CV shaft lengths if you want.

mailto:rossc@shaw.ca