HybridZ

Automotive styled home furniture & property decoration..

BRAAP

I don't have any automotive furniture, but I have welded together some art from scrap transmission parts.

Since I don't have pics right now, perhaps I'll link to a real automotive artist Paul Veroude. I wouldn't mind having this in my house.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/07/19/honda-f1-view-suspended-the-ultimate-technical-diagram/

Oh, and in case you are too lazy to make your own auto themed furniture / home decorations:

http://www.autoartmodels.com/product.web.ViewProducts.do?st=lifestyle.title&field0=pgs.productGroupId&key0=2&field0_compare=&orderBy=pd.productCode&sortDirectionStr=1&startingPos=0&pageSize=5&antiCache=12234274477752658D346A96BA2CCC38C6CCF0BE99440

I'm at school, so I can't take any additional pics, but this should show how I did it:

DSCF2726.jpg

It was pretty easy. I removed the chair portion of the desk chair, then removed the sliders from the Datsun seat. I got some angle aluminum I had laying around, drilled holes appropriately, and used the bolts and holes originally used to hold the sliders on the seat to mount them. The rest is pretty simple if you look at the picture. The fabric is so that the stuff on the bottom of the seat - whatever it is, looks like dead grass or something? - doesn't fall onto the floor.

Not exactly Z parts, but there are some NGKBPR6ES plugs on these guys, in addition to feeler gauges, pliers, bolts and nuts, silverware, and quite a few Leatherman tools...

Sole fish:

DSCN2609.jpg

Crab:

DSCN2612.jpg

Bought these guys at the Anacortes Art Festival a year or two ago. They're tig welded and then the artist brushed the very hot welds with a brass brush. I thought they were brazed. He had an awesome duck that was coming in for a landing with wings spread, the wing feathers were butter knife blades, but it was way too expensive for me.

WOW to the fish and crab those are amazingly well done ! Does he have a web site or something ?

Thanks. My wife and I really like them too. Here is the gallery page from the artist's website. I hadn't seen the hummingbird on the tulip before. That's pretty cool too. He's got the duck on there, but it's really the bottom of the wings that were the most impressive and you can't really see them in the picture too well.

http://www.secondchancesculptures.com/wst_page4.html

MIG'd and clear coated. I have access to literally tons of otherwise useless transmission pieces, and I'm trying to come up with something semi complex right now.

Very cool. I'm sure there's limitless possibilities there.

Here's one of mine.

dauschund.jpg

MIG'd and clear coated. I have access to literally tons of otherwise useless transmission pieces, and I'm trying to come up with something semi complex right now.

That is cool too!

I envy those that can weld.

I finally got around to starting a scrap metal sculpture again. I had the idea that I wanted to make something akin to a dragon, so here is what I came up with.

dragon1.jpg

I think I'll add something else to create a sort of webbing between the wings.

It's mostly old transmission parts. The wings are cut down steel plates, but the outer toes, and the upper arms are the wrist pins from an old L24.

Here's a picture of it "lording over" the mundane pile of parts from whence it came.

dragon2.jpg

Solid half day of chopping, welding and breathing welding fumes. So nice to not have to worry so much about structural integrity compared to welding on a car.

I really like blue72's transmission dragon.

A guy down the road from me has a chevy headed mailbox, it's got the oil pan, headers and some sort of makeshift intake all mocked up around the mailbox.

Wow, you really do have a lot of transmission parts. Awesome finished products! I wish I had a welder.

No you don't, everyone you know will suddenly have something they need welded. It's a pain.:lol: