HybridZ

Engine of the future?

Z-Dreamer

Now that one get my vote as a engine we may see on the streets!!!

Hot dang that is simple, empolys proven tech in a very simple design!!

FANTASTIC!! Two thumbs up! Really this could work! WOW!

It is like haveing a rotory, recipcating piston, wankle, turbo charged all wrapped together!

wow, I like this design, it's simple and unique. instead of having the piston do the combustion stroke, the outer ring becomes the combustion chamber. the expanding gas rotates the large ring, which in turn turns the crank and piston. the small cam built into the crankshaft operates the two valves that are integrated into the piston assembly, and when the gas ignites, it looks like the ring timing makes the flap pop open as well, forcing the gas in, then shutting as it expands, then pulls in fresh air/fuel, right?

I understand it in my head put words fail me. it's a really cool design. I wanna see someone build it.

It also looks like it would be capable of very high rpm. I like the idea that it could be made into a gen set as Zdreamer mentioned. Wonder if the engineer thought of that:). It would be very compact. Seems like it would also generate significant torque.

the outer ring would act as a counterbalance I think. so in a way it would be an externally balanced engine. Lubrication shouldn't be too bad. it looks like they use some sort of ball bearing system, so if they had a way to add oil pressure behind that, I think it would stay lubed up fine. Internal maintenance may be an issue, but from the looks of it, externally, that shouldn't be much of a problem either.

Until I see a video of it running and not sounding like it is eating itself to death like all the other miracle engines, I won't be believing it.

Understood completely. I will say this, the turbo charger uses the stuff that would be normally waisted. This by far the best design I've seen to capture as much of the energy from one timing event produced from combustibles.

I agree on that as well. everything is done in one stroke, with no waste. the power and exhaust strokes are done by the outer ring, and the intake and compression take place in the piston. I think it's a very efficient design.

I wonder if you could turbocharge this design lol. it would be pretty interesting to say the least.

3 things I see wrong with it.

1. maintenance

2. balancing

3: lubrication

And that center eccentric and lack of a counter balance kind of concerns me

But isnt the outside moving the opposite way as the crank? So wouldnt it balance it to a point.

Also, this is the "most fuel efficient engine designed!!!" Now they have to do the hard part, build it and make it work.

But isnt the outside moving the opposite way as the crank? So wouldnt it balance it to a point.

Counter rotating doesn't necessarily result in balance. From what I can tell, the eccentric on the crank is used for the valve timing.

I could only imagine the amount of vibration that it would produce (really, I could only guess). I keep a pessimistic view when it comes to engineering, because thing rarely work as they should the first time out :P