HybridZ

Where to find a good jump suit?

Rustyfriend

Hey guys, I have been searching around for a while locally at all sorts of stores and I have come up short. Does anyone know where to buy a good mechanics jump suit? I am tired of ruining good clothes and having to take a shower after every time I bond with my car.

-thanks, Adam

If it's not 110 degrees out, I like to wear a set of U.S. Navy coveralls my cousin gave to me. They look almost exactly like this. I keep them rolled up in one of the car's tool boxes in case I have to work on the car on the road, I can always throw them over my clothes wherever I am. You could find a pair at just about any military surplus store.

In the winter, I have a green pair that are super warm, but they were handed down to me, I have no clue where to get them.

Do you have a Mark's Work Warehouse around you? I don't know how big of a franchise it is, could be a semi-local thing.

Anyway, my point is there should be a store near you that supplies clothes that are more for the tradesman/journyman industry.

Also check out Salvation Army or Value Village.

Winners may also have something that you could use.

I'm in the navy... so if anyone wants coveralls (with name tags to say whatever the hell you want) let me know, and I'll try and hook you up for price, plus shipping.

Name tags cost more, and I won't get them for you with "u.s. navy" on it unless you can show me you're active, reserve or retired.

Keep in mind, you'll spend 40 or so bucks this way, so the military surplus store is a best bet (although you may spend just as much there, but there you can get the flight suit from top gun too... so, choice is yours)

Val