HybridZ

New Paint, and a TEENY bit of frustration...

YellowFever

We sure were! Got on I-59/I-20 in Cuba, then took I-59 south to Laurel. I got home at 9:45 am, so I must have been on I-59 starting at about 8:45.

I think I may have passed you. I was going south. :) Ever since I decided to embark on this epic 240/260 search, Ive been eyeballing every Z I see. :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jeff, welcome to the party...

I love the bass boat look as much as the next guy, but perhaps some pink stripes with a lace pattern would have looked nice?

You have no wright to make fun of pink and lace cars, you never know who has one:icon31:.

13072_1_230.jpeg

Edit: Paint looks amazing. I have a house in Columbus, MS. Your not too far from there, I think (I think its about 2-3 hours). If i'm in the area I'll stop by and take a look.

The car looks great. Both bodywork and paint are well done. Any before pics?

What are the specs on your suspension, and rim/tire combo?

Thanks, here's a pic from the first day I had the car...

84873949_awtnx-M.jpg

And another shortly before the repaint...

146376127_PToue-M.jpg

I bought a set of Tokico springs and struts from e-bay. My wheels are 16x7.5 Konig rewinds with 215-50s up front and 225-50s out back.

You have no wright to make fun of pink and lace cars, you never know who has one:icon31:.

13072_1_230.jpeg

Edit: Paint looks amazing. I have a house in Columbus, MS. Your not too far from there, I think (I think its about 2-3 hours). If i'm in the area I'll stop by and take a look.

Sorry to insult your sweet ride, dude! Actually, I know that's not your car... because NO ONE would be brave enough to drive that thing around in Mississippi!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have lots to be thankful for at the end of my 5-day Thanksgiving weekend. The car is finally running! I first fired it up at 11:30 on Thanksgiving day... with an uncapped 6-1 header. I'm sure my neighbors LOVED the noise (I know I did!). Just to make sure everyone in the neighborhood enjoyed the engine run-in as much as I did I ran it for 20 minutes above 2,000 RPM (just to break in the cam, don't you know).

Since then I have tied up some loose ends and even driven it down the road to the gas station... who would have thought 93 octane gas WOULD EVER be below $2 a gallon again? Tomorrow I'm taking it to the muffler shop to get the old exhaust adapted to the header... so tonight I took a short video of my wife pulling it out of the garage for its first bath.

http://YellowFever.smugmug.com/gallery/6248549_HePT8#427609245_WrMaJ-A-LB

He YellowFever,

You wouldn't happen to know a guy that lives in Columbus MS that drives a blue 280z. He works at a SeverCore Steel Mill. My step Dad is good friends with the guy and my moms was saying that his motor is piston-less. I think she might have heard him wronge unless he swapped a rotory in it. I am going to try to find out his name to see if any of you know him.

Uh oh the family female knows how to drive a manual gearbox! Thats the only thing that keeps my mom from driving away in my baby.:icon45: And because its loud and scary but thats besides the point... You can still drive with a cast, just don't put pressure on it, that includes not using the brakes but hey! we all know you don't need brakes, thats what downshifting is for anyways!:mrgreen:

The police officer didn't believe me when I said I was hoping to slow down by pulling it out of gear... mainly because I was going down a hill... doing 51 in a 30... :rolleyesg I was GOING to downshift you just caught me a little too soon! Then he wrote Datsun B210 on the ticket stub even though my insurance card says 240z on it, I didn't feel so stupid after that.