HybridZ

My new to me 240Z

Hi guys, I just got a "new to me" 71 240Z from my father-in-law.

It had an engine swap about 2 years ago to a 2.8L 280z triple weber carb setup.

I was looking over things on the weekend and noticed a few things, that he did not.

On the drivers side under the 1st weber there is a hose coming off the block, looks like a "L" shape, going nowhere. It is not effecting the car in any way that I know of.....

Any suggestions on what it is? I will try and take pics if this is not clear?

yes and no - all it means is that trapped exhaust gasses aren't going from the head, and back into the intake to get recycled. Alot of people just cap is off on the intake side, and put a filter on the valve cover side, like on this pic i stole from qwik240z.

4628engine1.jpg

so hanging down against the header is bad then right?

Welcome!

If it is hose touching the header yes that is bad. Do not plug that hose in anyway. Put an air filter on it or preferably hook it back up to the intake as intended.

Welcome (for the 3rd time)! Some folks (in racing applications) run that hose off the block to a catch can that is vented. Some folks run the top valve cover hose to another catch can as well. It is best to have the PCV valve hooked up to the hose on the block to create a scavenging vacuum on the hydrocarbon gases in the block, however, as stated before, just a breather is fine. Especially since the triples don't have a PCV valve.

Guest Asta-Rolf's Sis

:confused: Ours is also a '71 240z with a 260z engine. Very interested in your progress, so listening. Ours is for sale, but we're on the fence about it. This thread has taught us some stuff, so thanks, and sorry for intruding. Found you through 1971 Datsun 240z queries. We're trying to figure things out as well, and happy we can tune in to your progress.

http://www.dropshots.com/astaccs

So much to learn. :cheers:

user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gif