HybridZ

killer price on a LS3

guys just a heads up if your looking for a great price on a LS3 376 c.i. 480hp/475tq.

the sticker price on these are 8,900ish bucks but most chevy dealers will price match with other chevy dealers. so i looked forn 3-4 hours and found a dealer in lancaster,pa that actually sells this motor at cost. thats almost 3,000 off sticker price. 2,000 cheaper than jegs. they have it listed at $6,299.00. heres a link to them.

https://store.gmperformanceparts.com/store/SelectProd.do?prodId=7714&redir=true&manufacturer=GM&name=LS376/480%20EFI%20LS3%20Gen%20IV%20V-8%20&model=

i had my local chevy match their price and got mine in last week. just wanted to share with you guys.

edit:when you go to the link... where it says find a dealer type in the zipcode 17601 then click on the jones gm parts warehouse.

building 1973 240z with ls3 bolted to 700r4 trans and a r200 clsd for the rearend. trying to get 525hp with 2100lbs. of weight. hopefully it will be interesting to drive.

Sounds like a nice project. Great price for the motor too.

My LS1 240Z weighs 2650. I added subframe connectors, big brakes, bigger wheels and tires, etc. Lightweight wasn't a big consideration when I built it.

Can you share how you plan to get the car to be that light?

jegs has it for right at 7,000$ including shipping it looks like. heres link http://www.jegs.com/p/GM+Performance/1127485/10002/-1

still worth the trip to local chevy house. plus easier to deal with customer service issues (incase something is wrong) with someone local instead of online company.

as far as lightening my z i plan on all bumper removal, running aluminum driveshaft, removing door crash bars, removing and cutting out sparetire and dish out in the truck,removing gas tank and installing poly fuel cell, lightweight rims with low profile tires, not sure if i can hit 2,100lbs. but going to give it a shot. i figure its possible since a stock 240z weighs only 2,300 lbs. and the LS3 i'm installing only weighs 35lbs. more than the stock motor.

My LS1 '72 240Z is just over 2300 lb in race trim. It's gutted (I mean stripped dash, one racing seat, & door panels & that's it - no carpet even), stock brakes, SFC but NO rollbar (yet), plastic Camaro tank (spare tire well removed to get there), stock bumpers which weight next to nothing, R200, aluminum driveshaft, aluminum race seat, etc. The T56 is one of the big problems as it's HUGE. I wonder how the 700 compares in weight? With a smaller trans, aluminum radiator, CF/FG hood you might get into the 2100's lb range. Of course then there's the roll-bar to add in ...

Anyway you wont be disappointed with the performance at whatever weight you get to. If you are making custom mounts as I did then mount it offset to the right and as far back as you can. I now wish mine was further back as it's just a bit nose heavy.

Cameron