HybridZ

Starting my EDIS install

Derek

wow, yeah I pretty much decided I'm going to swap in a VQ35 in place of my L28. Otherwise I'd REALLY like a set of those too. The milling I'm sure you have a file for, but I bet the lathe work wouldn't be cheap.

So as for the megasquirt, could you kind of rundown how you have yours setup? The laptop shows you have a MAP, but how've you mounted it, and I guess the O2 sensor comes later? What is your timing ring from? aren't you afraid the vibration will loosen those 4 tiny screws?

Pretty nice in anycase.

Phar

wow, yeah I pretty much decided I'm going to swap in a VQ35 in place of my L28. Otherwise I'd REALLY like a set of those too. The milling I'm sure you have a file for, but I bet the lathe work wouldn't be cheap.

So as for the megasquirt, could you kind of rundown how you have yours setup? The laptop shows you have a MAP, but how've you mounted it, and I guess the O2 sensor comes later? What is your timing ring from? aren't you afraid the vibration will loosen those 4 tiny screws?

Pretty nice in anycase.

Phar

Hi Phar

The map is inside the Megasquirt unit. I'm pulling vacuum from the balance tube on the SU Manifold. No O2 sensor yet as I'm still running carbs. Right now Megasquiirt is just running the spark.

All the bolts on the front do is lock the 36-1 from turning and from going forward. The ring sits on a shoulder machined into the hub. I use blue lock tight on every thing as well as fine pitch screws which helps in vibration issues.

• 2 weeks later...

nice. Okay I see what you've done now.. that looks really good. The zero position on the ring should be sensor pointing at leading edge of the sensor ring at TDC right? That's how it was on my Jeep EFI conversion anyway. That's cool tho that MS is running your Spark. I like that the plug wires aren't running over the top anymore. it sure cleans it up a bit.

Your Megasquirt unit will be mounted like that suggest in the cabin right? then I assume your Mar would be mounted on the fender or firewall, or even another one of those pretty brackets, hung off the side of your balance manifold. O2 sensors go on the Exhaust so it's pretty easy I was just hoping for pictures and examples of how you're doing it.

Notice any more drivability issues?

Are you still posting in the other thread on making the 2nd manifold?

Phar

I like this setup. It is very well done. I was wondering if the edis setup would work with the sds system? If so how? Hard wire it into the existing harness? I just like the idea of the wheel over the magnet idea. Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I agree, I don't like the idea of gluing magnets to the damper, but that is what SDS does. If I remember correctly SDS uses 3 or 4 magnets equally spaced on the crank pulley. It interpolates the angles in between the magnets in software. EDIS does not have to interpolate because it uses a 36-1 wheel. this provides 1 trigger pulse per degree of rotation (minus 1 for 60deg BTC).

If you are hooked on SDS, then you make a custom trigger wheel and use a single VR sensor (not sure what the SDS trigger input is compatible with). Wolf 3D, V500, etc system also interpolate like SDS. Nothing wrong with it, just a different way of doing it.

Pete