HybridZ

Just ordered the complete front/rear Willwood setup!!!!!

I just ordered my front/rear Willwood brake setup from Arizona Z car. I went with the 4 piston calipers up front with the 13" drilled rotors. If anybody can warp a set of rotors, that would be Me!!!:D Tell me how I am gonna like my new kit please. At this time I have the Toytoa 4x4 calipers and solid drilled rotors up front and the 79 280zx calipers with drilled rotors in the back. I am basicly tired of fooling with this setup.

You will be VERY happy with the brakes. This kit is very well thought out and the parts are all top quality-down to the hardware. The biggest hassle with this installation(for me) has been the proportioing valve. You are going from metric to a SAE , which has taken some work and research.

Get a dial indicator and shim the hats straight, after mounting to the hubs. You will regret not doing this. I have a thread about doing this in here somewhere. The brakes, done correctly, are incredible. On par, if not better, feel and stopping power, than the Brembo setup on my friends STi.

Get a dial indicator and shim the hats straight, after mounting to the hubs. You will regret not doing this. I have a thread about doing this in here somewhere. The brakes, done correctly, are incredible. On par, if not better, feel and stopping power, than the Brembo setup on my friends STi.

Thanks, I had already read your thread before hand and I was watching it like a hawk to see the outcome. I was planning on checking the runout when I installed them all the way around.

• 4 weeks later...

Got my brakes in last week. I just opened the box the other day and boy are they BIG!!!! I made on Oops though. I had Dave make the hats for a 280z front hub. Low and behold I forgot all about changing them out for 240z hubs back in 1996-97 to fit the 4 piston Toyota calipers. I made a phone call and had a set in hand in about an hour today though after confirming my goofup with Dave. I just got done cleaning and painting the 280z hubs and the fronts will be on the car tonight. Gotta go, lots of parts to install.

I just completed a front Wilwood Caliper set up with 12.2" rotors. JSKinnovations.com sells a complete bracket & hat kit.

The install was a little hard, but once you figured it out, it was pretty straight forward.

I'll check back to see how it went.

I'm going to try to get pics up in my album in the next few weeks.

Good luck.

Install was very easy. I finished up the back brakes last night after getting another stub axle due to the nut galling out itself on the way off. Just my luck. I only had one issue bleeding the brakes. Willwood was kind enough to have not drilled the hole in one of the blead screws at the bottom. It wasn't acting right so I took and off and had a good laugh. I swapped it with one of the bottom blead screws since they have 4 per caliper and the tops screws are the major ones you bleed out on the rear calipers. I bleed the bottom ones anyway though.

Edited: I almost forgot, I had a heck of a time trying to find a 15/16 MC with resevoirs. I ended up ordering a Toykico remanufactured one from motorsportauto. Darn thing wasn't cheap though. After I got done I see exactly why you need one.

I hear ya!!!! I haven't even driven the car yet. I have a few more things to tiddy up. I also am gutting the interior the weekend to take the car to get new floorboards put in along with a couple more things fabricated. I am on a tight schedule at the moment. I will enjoy them soon enough. Runout was good by the way.

I just got to drive the car after doing some finish up work and boy, those brakes are top notch. I haven't gotton on them real real hard yet. I want them to seat in real good first. Now I have brakes to stop the car on a dime. Time to work on the suspension (coil over kit) and stick it to the road. The car is just too fast for what I have, KYB's, Big swaybars, front/rear strutbars, and performance springs.