HybridZ

260z is about to be mine :)

g9m3c

Well, hopefully. I'll give you the background on the car first. It's a silver 260z that's been sitting by the side of the road in my hometown (Winfield, AL) for a couple of years. Curiosity finally got the best of me today when I saw some people outside the house where it was parked. I stopped by and asked them if it was for sale, and they told me it wasn't their car. Turns out, it belongs to an older gentleman that lives in a nearby town. They gave me his name, and I found his phone number online. I called him up and asked about the car. He said that the people that live in the house where it sits now built the engine in it about 3 years ago. The owner payed them for their work, and wanted them to do a few more things to it, so he left the car in their possession. Long story short, he lost interest in the car and just left it there. The engine probably has less than a hundred miles on it, but it's been sitting for a couple of years or more. He is the original owner and bought it brand new in 1975. :cool: It has 62,000 miles on the clock. Also, something about the fuel lines is wrong, but he couldn't remember exactly what it was. I should have looked the car over while I was there, but I didn't want to bother the people any longer. The owner told me over the phone that it was in really good shape inside and out, and that the only damage that he knew of was a dent and missing reflector on the right rear quarter. He said a guy contacted him a few months ago about the car, and he priced it at $1,500. I'm going to look the car over and make sure it's definitely what I want, and then probably offer him $1,000 for it. I have an LT1 in the garage that's just BEGGING for a new home. :2thumbs:

BTW: This is my first post here, although I've looked around on the site several times over the past few months.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=140872

-Grant

Welcome. Sounds like youll have a cool project.

Also caution dont click on the link in the link. Its an endless circle!!!!!!!!!

Tricked ya for a second there, aye? Haha, I think I might be able to sell the original engine for about the price I might pay for the car, considering it's basically brand new rebuild. That will help fund the swap. :cool:

Well, the original engine, even thought rebuilt, probably isn't worth much. There might be some goodies on it that could be worth some money though. Take plenty of pics when you go to check it out and keep an eye out for rust rust rust!

well, if it's a good solid rebuild and sitting for the past couple years hasn't harmed it, I'm sure it could get a decent price. you never know, someone may need a good longblock for their Z

Well guys, it's mine. :cool: I went back and looked the car over with a fine tooth comb today, and found a couple of problems. The bottom of the quarters have a little rust on them, but nothing major at all. It's just bad enough for the paint to bubble up. The floor boards are solid, but have a little bit of rust starting on them. The battery tray and frame rails are fine. I let the owner know about that, and he asked if I would give him $500 for it. "Umm........yea, I think I can do that," was my response. :lmao: I'm going to pick it up in the morning. I'm uploading some pics of it now. :D

• 3 weeks later...