HybridZ

triple weber guys, i need info

ARRESTmeRed04

It would obviously depend on the manifold you are going to use, but that seems really tight if not impossible. I'd measure mine for you but I am not a home right now. Is there a kit for that model?

no there is no kit for it, there is a kit to use 2 downdraft webers on the factory manifold(thats my back up plan) i would think most manifods for the Z's would be within and inch or so because they all have to fit in the same space right?

yeah, I beleive there is only one triple manifold set out there for the Z's, but would they fit your head?

no where close, i'm just wondering about how much room i would need, i was planing to make my own manifold, however, i've been reading about the dual weber setup that they sell for 815 bucks and it's starting to look better and better i mainly wanted the "look" of triple webers but i'm thinking just a couple cool looking air cleaners will work for me, think i'll have the factory intake and exhaust manifolds extruded honed(there are NO performance parts at all for a MB 2.2L L6) but people on this forum build L6's of about the same size so i thought it might be the best place for info.

i think triple downdrafts might be a better way to go if space is that tight and you are willing to make your own manifold. Could have some fun with it and make the horns stick out through the hood, hehe.

well after researching all day it looks like the 190sl 4cyl came with side draft solex carbs, webers are pretty much a bolt on mod for them and it looks like the 190sl intake is a 2 peice(on carb on each one to feed 2 cyls) and also those manifolds look like thy would bolt right on my head i'd just need 3 of them, but i've already ran into problems with the benz people saying that it is runing the car....:-D so i think i'm gonna ebay the intakes to see if i can find some for a reasonable price(yeah right)

I have no advice for you on finding/making a triple manifold,

but I do have some on "ruining" a car.

It's your car. Do whatever the *&%# you want with it! And enjoy it.

You could even fuel inject it, a la 300SL (well, not really that way) to piss off the purists even more.:cuss:

One thing you might be able to do is take an intake manifold from the engine in question, lop off the majority of it leaving the flange and a few inches of each runner, then get three weber flanges and weld them on. That way you can choose your own length.