HybridZ

Bringing back the AE86

AkumaNoZeta

For the past 5-6 years huh? Where have I been? I've heard of the Toyota/Subaru thing, that's supposed to be the new Celica I believe. The base model being RWD and the next step up with be an AWD one I think, read that somewhere. Maybe an Road and Track mag? Don't remember.

Ouch, according to that they're going to market it as the new version of the Scion TC? That hurts.... I pray that's not the case.

I always considered the Scions as Toyota's attempt to build a Honda, to drag in more of the Big Wing and Fart Pipe Civic crowd. (No offense at those who have actually BUILT a Honda, rather than just put stickers on it)

I used to own a few Toyota's, including an 86, but shortly after Scion came about and I could no longer see any real powerful RWD cars in their future, I said "I'm out" and shifted my focus to Nissan.

I used to own ONLY Toyotas, now all I own are Z's.

If it does come out as a Scion, I'm gonna have a hard time taking it seriously. But if Subaru is teaming up then I suppose we'll see... Dont get me wrong, I hope it turns out to be a badass car, but putting "SCION" emblems on it is probably going to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

And to make it clear, I'm not saying that Scions are bad cars, they are decent, but I didnt like the way that Toyota went about marketing them.

They always seemed like they were trying to make people feel like, if they bought the FACTORY "AFTERMARKET" parts they were going to be original, when the guy down the street who also bought a Scion, probably got the same "aftermarket" parts Scion offered.

Ok rant is done. Sorry about that, but the whole Toyota/Scion thing always rubbed me wrong.