HybridZ

Back from the track

So this past weekend I got my car out there on the track. Ended up doing much better then I was expecting. Last outing I made to the track I did 8.0@94 with a 2.0 60 ft. Well... new heads, tires and tuning got me a 7.1@98.4 with a 1.5 60 ft. best mph of the night was 99.7. Unfortunately their's no 1/4 mile tracks within 100miles. So I have to stick with the 1/8th mile. I got 9 passes in, did not break anything the entire night. Drove it to and from. Not to mention had a great time! :-) heres a vid of my last few runs:

And a few pics that my buddy took.

IMG_1430small.jpg

IMG_1443small.jpg

IMG_1439small.jpg

IMG_1459small.jpg

IMG_1449small.jpg

burnout.jpg

DSCN1321.JPG

DSCN1316.JPG

Thanks for the compliments guys! I'm running a T56 in the car, and the slicks are 26 x 8.5 x 15, mounted on stock Z wheels obviously. The car has a VLSD Q45 R200. Never had any problems with it at all. The heads are stock un ported C5 Zo6 heads. The "243 castings" I'll tell my bud you guys like his pics, that'll make him happy. :wink:

Very nice times. I really like the pictures too, great vivid colours.

stock 243's and a decent cam have done you well. Are you running the LS6 intake or a FAST one? Stock TB? Lastly any idea on what the weight of the car is?

Hey thanks! I'm running the LS6 intake manifold, Fasts are freaking expensive!! The throttle body is stock as well. I'm really not sure what the car weighs, if I had to guess I would say just under 2500lbs.

fooking badass...did you redo that front mount on the q45 diff? I recall you were planning to. The vids and especially those pics are awesome.

Edit: ....went back through your album...all I can say is your diff mount looks awesome and I hope you dont mind me infringing on your copyrights :-)...DSCN1286.JPG

By all means look through whatever I've got, no biggie. :) That mount is basically my finished product, minus two holes. It turned out pretty good and seems to be doing the trick just fine. I inspected it after the night of beating the ♥♥♥♥ out of it, and it seems to be holding up quite well. Not bending at all.

Bigdeez... Get some ET drag slicks and get your car back on the track!! With your power, you should be trapping 100mph in the 1/8th, and pulling some 10 sec. E/T's. :)

Can I ask what RPM you are launching at? Dump or feathering it out of the hole?

For Daily driving how is the cam?

I was around 3500 - 3800 rpm, basically just dumped the clutch and held on with my foot to the floor. Seemed to do the trick.

My Cam is pretty sweet on the street, I have no complaints at all. It makes 300ft. lbs at the wheels at 2500 rpm. So unless you try and pass something while you're idling, its pretty good. :wink: