HybridZ

EFILive tuning

Woo hoo! I just got an email from DaleMX that he is sending me the EFILive tuning cable that he used on the LS1 280 he sold me. Now it's time to get started tuning. Is anyone here familiar with EFILive? I'm not really afraid to try it but was hoping that I would have one of my Z brothers to lean on if I got stuck. The first thing I have to tune out is a nasty hunt for idle when you come out of the throttle. I'm assuming it's because of all of the upgrades (PRC stage 2 5.3 heads, Thunder Racing 230 cam, FAST manifold, etc, etc, etc), and I'd like to get it somewhat cleaned up before heading for some dyno tuning.

Anyone use something besides EFILive?

Rags: Suggest getting on EFI Live forum and asking more questions. I am also going to use EFI Live and went to their booth at SEMA this year. Already have PCM, need harness, sensors and actuators. Where were you able to get your harness? Which Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor are you going to use and did you get the other sensors and actuators with the engine? Please advise. Thanks.

Check Gm part # 19201327 its a kit for the LS series engines. comes with wiring harness, all sensors, the electronic accelerator pedal (complete bolt in pedal), computer, weld in bungs for O2 sensors, Mass air flow meter (with mounting boss) I think I paid 900 for mine thru jegs. Mines for the 480 horse power LS3 but they make one for each motor. Its a complete kit and very well built harness, same as would be in a new vette or whatnot, not some crap built in some guys garage with crimped on ends and electrical tape. Kinda nice that is runs fuel pump and trans shifts also but they are not needed to be hooked up if you don't want to use them.

Stewart