HybridZ

RB25 vs RB26 intake manifolds

rayaapp2

Anyone know what the differences are?

Besides the obvious that one goes over the valve cover and the other has like the 6 individual throttle bodys or something weird.

I should be receiving my RB25DET within the next week or so. Its paid for and should leave on Tue the 18th. I ended up breaking my rules and purchasing from Jhot. They were really inexpensive so it was worth the gamble. I will find out for sure when I get the engine.

My reason for the question is that I would like to convert the stock manifold over to the rb26dett style intake manifold. It appears there are several options. Of which the most popular is to use the Greddy or Greddy knockoff manifolds with the single throttle body. Alot of people use that second option. Alot of the manifolds that are obvious knock offs have warnings saying they will require professional installation. Im thinking that using the stock RB26det manifold would be better as it changes the amount of turns in my intercooler piping. That is if I can find one. Has anyone bolted one those bad boys up to the 25?

Another stupid question by yours truely

Completely different bolt pattern. Unless you are good at fabrication, and figuring out vacuum re routing, I'd stick with what you got, or buy the real deal (Greddy) that comes with all the proper documentation/ parts, or you may be in over your head.

If you were going stand alone, it would be much easier to just do away with all the stuff you would have to worry about getting right, changing out the oem intake.

There is tons of threads on this exact subject, a little here, and alot on the Skyline boards.

Anyone know what the differences are?

Besides the obvious that one goes over the valve cover and the other has like the 6 individual throttle bodys or something weird.

I should be receiving my RB25DET within the next week or so. Its paid for and should leave on Tue the 18th. I ended up breaking my rules and purchasing from Jhot. They were really inexpensive so it was worth the gamble. I will find out for sure when I get the engine.

My reason for the question is that I would like to convert the stock manifold over to the rb26dett style intake manifold. It appears there are several options. Of which the most popular is to use the Greddy or Greddy knockoff manifolds with the single throttle body. Alot of people use that second option. Alot of the manifolds that are obvious knock offs have warnings saying they will require professional installation. Im thinking that using the stock RB26det manifold would be better as it changes the amount of turns in my intercooler piping. That is if I can find one. Has anyone bolted one those bad boys up to the 25?

Another stupid question by yours truely

My RB26 intake setup is disassembled at the moment. We could compare them some time as I am local to you.

you used to be able to by adapter spacers to bolt the rb26 plenum to the rb25 head but most guys just by a Greddy for ease

be warned ,a lot of those cheap copies are porous and not easily repaired

the std rb25 intake can support 350hp as is,even more if ported and gives pretty even cfm per cylinder,i managed to fit a std rb30et engine in my Z so you should ??? be able to fit the rb25 one as the deck height is lower

interiorof240z059.jpg